Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving me a voice mail that says "call me, I have a problem." Guess what? If you told me the actual problem, I might actually be able to call you with a solution rather than have to sit on the phone with you in my ear while I try to figure it out.

THEN, leaving me an email less than an hour later asking me to please call you, you have questions.

Yep, I have nothing else to do. So sorry I didn't call you back within the apparently 5-minute timeframe you allotted me.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That annoys the living HELL out of me!!!!!!!!! There are several people I work with that do that. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! They just don't get it.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Leaving me a voice mail that says "call me, I have a problem." Guess what? If you told me the actual problem, I might actually be able to call you with a solution rather than have to sit on the phone with you in my ear while I try to figure it out.

THEN, leaving me an email less than an hour later asking me to please call you, you have questions.

Yep, I have nothing else to do. So sorry I didn't call you back within the apparently 5-minute timeframe you allotted me.
Call them back and say "Congratulations! You are the 47th person to have a problem today! Here's your award!" SLAM!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People don't realize that I have barely been holding my **** together the last few weeks. I don't need more people poke-poke-poking at me.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
My voice mail doesn't time/date stamp so what would it take ,when leaving a voice mail to say what day it is. I get voice mails stacked pretty deep and if I knew when someone called...... oh well just another adder to a long list of **** designed to make my day miserable.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
tell them you have answers, but you doubt they will like them. now please take a number and shove it up their... :D

hope it gets better soon, melis.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Melissa,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Hope it gets better soon! :D

As for those who call & leave cryptic messages... they drive me nuts. I have a few people I deal with that do it all the time. Most of the time it is something they don't want to tell me about, but they need my help to fix the problem. :eek: So tell me what it is or at least a hint, so I can prepare some sort of a response before I call you back.

I deal with import / export compliance, so that is practically ever phone call & email message I get.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
That is totally annoying! I really hate it when people call you 10000000 times but never leave a message. Then when you speak to them, it's "I couldn't get a hold of you!" ...well, that's why I have voicemail...leave me a message!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
My answer to that is I don't listen too voicemails unless its from my kids or my husband- because they know I don't listen to them they only leave one if its an emergency. I look at the # and call it back, because I know 9 times out of 10 they are going to repeat exactly the same thing they left on the voicemail, this way I don't have to listen to it twice!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
uh-huh. I hate that one too. Most of the time I get an e-mail asking for a phone call because someone's writing skills are not up to explaining their issue clearly enough. OR -they really just want to vent and really don't need me to provide an answer - just be the mommy.

But the voice mail asking for a call. That just sends me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts