Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - Sunday night Diesel puked up a whole lot of paper towels - a wad of them - in the middle of the night. He seemed fine afterwards and he ate breakfast the next morning with no problem.

Last night at 11:30 he threw up the remainder of his dinner.

This morning he threw up his breakfast about 2.5 hours after eating.

He has been pooping normally and does not appear at all ill - no lethargy, bright eyed.

Sound like a blockage to anyone?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
My policy is if in doubt, go to the vet. Better to be safe than sorry.
Me too. When BJ has eaten stuff that he shouldn't (socks) and eventually throws it up, he doesn't continue vomiting after that. I would be calling the vet just for my own peace of mind.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
oh i hope not. is it projectile vomitting? if so, doesn't sound good.
zena did that once (before the obstruction thing) and she had to go on fluids but they didn't find anything.
second time it happened was when she had the piece of bone lodged.
have you done the vaseline sammich thingy?
will send some good thoughts that it won't be serious!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's doing OK. Vet is taking a conservative approach for today - if he continues to have a problem I'll drop him off tomorrow. This may be diabetes related due to the timing a couple of hours post injection (we bumped up his dose by 1/2 a unit at night a few days ago and that may be part of the problem - could be making a rebound issue).

If he was vomiting frequently - I would have had him x-rayed today - but it's specifically a 2-4 hours after his meal. He does keep it down subesquently (yes - yuk) and is pooping normally.

Thanks for all the good thoughts! I'll update again tomorrow.

I may have to bring him in tomorrow for a glucose curve. Good thing he likes the vet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts