Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Vet Bill

$538.03 for Thunder and Simba yearly shots, exam, heartguard and frontline +!!!! OMG...I was not expecting it to be so much! DH was non too pleased, but as I said to him, I would rather pay this for preventive than thousands to fix. :-\

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Re: :( Vet Bill

Some advice. Get a prescription from your vet for the meds and then buy them online. OR some sites on line will just call the vet after you place the order to verify a prescription.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

Vet bills suck. Having ten animals I can tell ya that for sure. One thing I DO like about dogs is that there bills are WAY cheaper then the bills for the ferrets. If it makes you feel better, office visits, medication, surgery, etc for a ferret is double what it costs for a dog. Vets do this simply because ferrets are "exotic" I took my cat to the vet once for the SAME thing as my ferret. When I took Roxie, the bill was $55.67, when I took Lugnut for the SAME treatment, the bill was $105.33 WTF!!! LOL Sorry about the big vet bill, ever consider dog insurance? I have my cat insured right now and you can purchase routine care coverage where all shots, heartworm, teeth cleaning is covered. Google VPI and check out the site. Maybe it will help lower those routine costs.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts

What a rip! I have no idea how much heartworm prev costs (don't have to worry about that here) but certainly Frontline, etc, is no big deal. I have 6 dogs, buy my Frontline online from a place that charges no shipping. Buy the big dog doses (88-130#) and split one btw 2 dogs so it's about $5 tops per dog per dose. I only treat 2x thru the spring/summer as it lasts for ticks ~40 days from experience. We don't have fleas to contend with. I also stock my own vaccines (a whopping $2.50 or so per dose).... I was in recently for Rabies w/ Sonya which required an exam and the bill was $42 (so exam was ~$25).
-Anne

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

That's about right... I paid 450$ for my 2, without the heartworm meds which i am picking up today and cost me 84$ for a 6 month supply, for 2 dogs. So that's per box it's 84...online it's 79$...so, by the time i'd pay shipping, it's about the same.
And one week AFTER their check up is when Aidan ate the Orbit gum :eek: and required a 245$ hospital stay... Emma spayed 2 weeks after that... 400$ lmao... We must all be crazy. ::) 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts