Just Labradors banner

Vet bill!

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  2labs4kids 
#1 ·
I just took Toby and Chamois to the vet for their annuals. Also, Toby has been shaking his head a lot and has developed a rash on his belly. Chamois has had gunky ears and licks her feet obsessively. The verdict? Minor yeast infections in both dogs' ears, and a mild staph infection on Toby's belly. Chamois may have mild food allergies, so we need to try switching to a hypoallergenic food. So in addition to their exams, full suite of shots, 6 months of Heart Guard each, and meds, I walked out poorer by...

$571 :eek:

Of course, Chamois weighed in at 75.8 pounds and Toby at 119.3 pounds (and I was told they both look lean, fit, and healthy). So on a dollar per pound of dog cost, I guess it wasn't too bad at just under $3/lb. :rolleyes:

I'd better be getting a LOT of labby love!

#5 ·
I got that exact same bill last week! Brought both our kids in for their annuals and after the bloodwork, lab testing and yes, they both have ear infections too (it must be that time of year?) we got a bill for over $550. You should have seen hubby's eyes! Meh...it costs what it costs - they need to be taken care of, right?

#11 ·
Thanks, John. Actually, they feel fine. But it's pretty funny, now that Toby is getting two pills and two applications of ear meds a day, he's acting like a big baby - "I'm on meds so I must be sick, Mom!" Of course, he feels exactly the same or maybe a little better than he did yesterday, but now he's got drama and he's milking it for every bit of sympathy he can get. Goof! Chamois is just the same as ever, doesn't enjoy the ear drops, but takes them with no more than a couple shakes of the head afterwards.

#12 ·
I LOVE our vet!!!! I took Kayla and Charlie in, Kayla had bloodwork, examined, 2 months worth of heart guard, 1st month advantix. Charlie had puppy shots, and worm meds. Our bill was $200.00 I was a little freaked out by that amount! I couldn't even imagine $500.00. Thank you Dr. Cobb!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.