Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or at least on my block.

There was a little 8yr old girl missing from a city about an hour from here.

Two people were arrested in her murder.

They are now looking for her body in the outskirts of my city. Helicopters keep flying over our houses. :( I saw two news ones and two police ones while I was out doing a bit of gardening. :(

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2009/05/20/tori-stafford.html?ref=rss

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Is it just me, or does this type of thing seem to be on the increase? It seems not a day goes by we don't hear about yet another child murdered. That is awful...

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
It's terrible. There are "missing" signs up around here everywhere ... I'm so sad because of the reason they'll be taken down.

I didn't realise you, Aim, are that close to me ... only about 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's terrible. There are "missing" signs up around here everywhere ... I'm so sad because of the reason they'll be taken down.

I didn't realise you, Aim, are that close to me ... only about 1/2 hour.
Oh really?? Where are you?? You can PM me if you prefer. :)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
It rocked our office too. I was holding out hope she was still alive, so I stupidly asked "alive or dead". I should have guessed by the faces.

Makes me glad I haven't been hiking in Rockwood lately. RIP Tori.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Karina- they are now searching Guelph Lake and Jones Baseline area. Not far from us at all. :( :( I just heard on CBC that the sick mf'er that was arrested is from Guelph.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Godspeed, Tori. :(

I heard that they are making comparisons between this case and the Karla Homolka/Paul Bernardo case. If that's true, there are some truly sick motherf*ckers out there.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Godspeed, Tori. :(

I heard that they are making comparisons between this case and the Karla Homolka/Paul Bernardo case. If that's true, there are some truly sick motherf*ckers out there.
RIP Tori :(

I heard the same thing. Its so sad ya know. I live less than a block from Kristen's home, and think of her and her family every time I pass her house. One of my daycare families lives right next door to the French family. Why do we continue to hear of these sick people? Sad, just sad.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was just reading updates on the case- now they are looking in Fergus. I hope they find her soon. That poor baby needs to be put to rest. I just keep thinking of her out there alone somewhere and it hurts my heart.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
They say that she was killed the same day she was abducted, yes? At least she wasn't tortured and abused for weeks, and then dumped. :( Not that it makes it any better, but maybe she didn't suffer for too long. Rest well, little one...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts