Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willow has been really stubborn lately not listening at all. I have an electric fence around my property and usually she is pretty good about it either with the collar or without. I try to rotate the collar between the two dogs…

A few weeks ago the battery went dead and I hadn’t gotten around to ordering a new one. Usually I put the collar on her a few days a week I don’t keep it on all the time.
Now that the weather is getting warmer I think she is testing her boundaries again so I have not been leaving them alone outside so I usually go out with them.

The other day she was at the edge of the yard and I called her she looked at me and ran!!….she and Autumn got out of the yard and ran around the corner I went after them but she wouldn’t come near me no matter what I did she just kept walking away and staying just out of my reach I got so mad:mad: that I had to leave her and just go home I was afraid if I kept chasing her she would go into the street.

She finally did come home after about an hour but I still had to go find Autumn I found her about ¼ mile away at the local elementary school playing in the field with another dog.

I immediately called my electric fence people and $300.00 later I have a second collar and fresh batteries.

When she did come home she “knew” she was bad she looked at me with her tail down and when I let her into the house she went right into her crate…I didn’t even say anything to her..by this tile I was just glad she was home safe and I didn’t even bother scolding her by the look on her face she seem to know daddy was mad.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Milly hit 14 months and has been like this too. I have a feeling my angelic puppy has become a teenager. Not happy!!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
HK did that to me about a month ago. I tried to blame it on Spring Fever vs adolescence. She is 26 months old. She hasn't been out of the house 'without the collar on' since.

Definition: 'without the collar on' means she is wearing the collar. Most of the time I forget to turn it on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Coco is 15 months old. She never really tests the boundary around my property, and I only put the collar on her maybe 50% of the time but the last couple of weeks she goes out just before we go to bed at around 10:pM and after taking care of her business she has not been listening to me to come in. She has been instead going out around the back of my house and going all the way back near the invisible fence boundary near the woods.As soon as she See's me coming back there she comes running back. She has always listened in the past so I'm wondering also if she is testing me, or if it's due to the increasingly better weather

1 - 5 of 5 Posts