Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm SO excited!!! Just rented a lovely little cabin on an 80 acre pond in Vermont for a week this summer. Dog friendly so both boys can come along and swim every day. Here's a pic of the view we'll be enjoying. I can't wait!

VRBO is a great source for this if anyone else is looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

I love VRBO, I look there all the time. :)

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I'm from there. Will be spending 3 weeks there this summer. What "pond" is it?
It's in Danby Corners, not far from Manchester They did not offer a name for the pond. They have 400 acres and a horse trail through the property. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
That's really pretty! Enjoy yourself.

I'm jealous though...lol We haven't had a real vacation in a long time (going on 6 years). All of our trips are to visit family or end up being military related with Jason having to take time off work for guard stuff (like next week - he gets a week off work but has to go work at the guard).

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's really pretty! Enjoy yourself.

I'm jealous though...lol We haven't had a real vacation in a long time (going on 6 years). All of our trips are to visit family or end up being military related with Jason having to take time off work for guard stuff (like next week - he gets a week off work but has to go work at the guard).

Aw! That is a long time. It's been 2 or 3 years for us (not counting the Disney work trip that they tagged along on)

The Vermont Horse Show is happening while we are there - just a little bit down the road. We plan to spend a day there and a day riding in the Green Mountains.

It used to be that I had to plan a trip around my older son's constant need for theme parks or the like. He is finally OK with spending a day canoeing or hiking. Much betta! :)

It is so nice to be able to take the dogs and not have to depend on someone giving Diesel the correct dosage of insulin twice a day. Taking care of him is more than the typical dog sitter is up for. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
It's in Danby Corners, not far from Manchester They did not offer a name for the pond. They have 400 acres and a horse trail through the property. Looks awesome.

Puff and I are visiting family and friends in Brattleboro, Springfield, Reading, and Middlebury (all VT) late this June.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Love the area. My gram lived in Bennington all her life so until she passed in 2001 I was there 3 or 4 times a year. My aunt lives just north of Rutland so I have driven 7 a lot. Now I go back about every other year.

Just a word of warning stick to the speed limit closely on Rt7. Between Manchester and Rutland is a well known speed trap. My aunt can even tell you the name of the trooper who loves to sit there and write tickets all shift.

I think it is a great place for vacation I would love to spend a week on the pond up there.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Love the area. My gram lived in Bennington all her life so until she passed in 2001 I was there 3 or 4 times a year. My aunt lives just north of Rutland so I have driven 7 a lot. Now I go back about every other year.

Just a word of warning stick to the speed limit closely on Rt7. Between Manchester and Rutland is a well known speed trap. My aunt can even tell you the name of the trooper who loves to sit there and write tickets all shift.

I think it is a great place for vacation I would love to spend a week on the pond up there.
THANK YOU! Very good to know. I doubt that they would honor my NJ PBA card in the Kingdom of Vermont.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts