Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if texts to Canada are covered as part of our texting plan?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy Sheep!!! I've prolly got close to 300 texts this month to Canada.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
this is from the verizon faq section

Who can I send messages to?
You can send messages to most text messaging capable phones in the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico by addressing the message to the recipient’s 10-digit mobile number. You can also send a message to any email address in the world. Text International is also available to Verizon Wireless subscribers. Refer to the Text International link on vtext.com for the list of International wireless carriers available.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

You can send messages to most text messaging capable phones in the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico by addressing the message to the recipient’s 10-digit mobile number.
Oh thank God! *fans herself*

I just looked at my usage online and the texts are listed as Sent Domestic - Text, so I was hopeful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts

You can send messages to most text messaging capable phones in the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico by addressing the message to the recipient’s 10-digit mobile number. You can also send a message to any email address in the world. Text International is also available to Verizon Wireless subscribers. Refer to the Text International link on vtext.com for the list of International wireless carriers available.
Good to know. I'll pass that on to Ken. Glad you're in the clear, Laura!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 500 text is only $5 more than what I'm paying now. I should be okay to stay within that. We'll see. I just don't want to pay international text which is what worried me.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Uh, hey, Laura, Check out the wording. Ken just pointed out to me that it doesn't say anything about the COST of texting to Canada, just that the phone is capable of it. Unless Canada is considered part of the North America plan, you'll probably be charged.:frown:

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Uh, hey, Laura, Check out the wording. Ken just pointed out to me that it doesn't say anything about the COST of texting to Canada, just that the phone is capable of it. Unless Canada is considered part of the North America plan, you'll probably be charged.:frown:
It states domestic text under my usage though.

01/29/2010 8:23 AM 250-***-**** 810-***-**** Sent Domestic - Text

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
:shocked: I didn't have the plan that included Canada and when Dave was hunting in Manitoba....well I needed to sit down when I saw the bill. I don't know about text messages.....we were talking.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
IF it's not, call customer service and plead your case. My DD did this once with online minutes and they cut her alot of slack. Especially if you are willing to sign up for a more expensive plan

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
whoever you're txt'ing needs to get bbm.. then your problem is solved =) And normally, US -> Canada is considered int'l.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts