Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have resurrected Blood Divided, the prequel/sequel to the vampire book I had published way back in 1989. Even after all these years, this story is wonderful. I read it and could hardly believe I wrote it. I have typed it all back into the computer (in 89 I did it on a typewriter) and am ready to submit it to the publisher here at the newspaper. I don't know if they will want to print it or not, but I'm bound and determined to give it a try. If they reject it, I will start shopping around for other publishers.

It is NOT a teen angst ridden novel. But it does give a full and satisfying vampire experience.

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Fun...I wish I could write a novel...I can barely write enough for my nightly journal. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Good luck! How long until you know if they accept the book? What was the name of the book you wrote in 1989?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
You have my utmost admiration and best wishes. This is every English Major's wetdream.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That is awesome, good luck getting it published! That is so exciting.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Did you think of re-releasing the first one, too? Hook some "new blood"... :D

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't own the rights to the first one. I've contacted the publisher twice now about getting them back (the rights) but they don't reply, which really pisses me off. I guess I would need to get a lawyer, or I'm hoping that if my publisher here at the paper wants to pursue it, they could do it :)

Anyway, I have set the project on his desk. I was physically shaking as I did it. I'm so nervous about it. I'm not nervous about rejection... I can't tell you how many times my work has been rejected, I'm actually more nervous because these are people I work with. If that makes sense.

Supposedly I will know one way or the other in about 10 days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts