Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new vacuum! Please recommend a good one that vacuums up dog hair good and does not get clogged. I like the ones with the bag. But if there is a bagless you swear by I will try it. Thanks!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I'm ready to heave my Hoover right out the door. I HATE it.

Best vac I ever had was the Eureka Mega Boss. Upright, big bag that holds a LOT and took care of the hair from 7 dogs for 10 years. I want it baaaaack! :'(

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
I'm looking at the Dyson canister vac!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
janika28 said:
Do they still make the Mega Boss?
Yes they do. And I think you can get it at Target, WalMart, most places like that. I miss her so... such a hard working, effective girl. :'(

·
Registered
533 Posts
There was a thread awhile back that someone posted consumer reports rankings for best vacuums for pet hair.....give it a search, it should pop up hopefully.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
My vacuum is good about picking up hair, but it is bagless and with 7 shedding dogs I have to empty it too often during vacuuming. I would prefer something that holds more.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Idaholab said:
Dyson, DC17 animal model!

Needs no bags and it is worth the money
Me too ! I had been buying new vacuum every 2 years before the Dyson....... they always seem to loose suction after awhile, but the Dyson does NOT ! I would buy another one if and when this one dies.

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
The best bet is a Heavy Duty Shop Vac with a Hepa filter (under a $90 @ Sears). Mine handles all the dog hair issues and is still going strong 5 yeasr later.

S

·
0 Posts
My dyson must be older, because I hate the fact it doesn't go under the counter and the attachments are hard to deal with. I have it at a vacation house I own, so I don't have to use it everyday. We moved a year ago and came to a house without a central vac. Our old house had one and we were there for 10 years. I had no clue what to do in the new one. So, we put one in. I love it with pet hair. With dogs, I couldn't imagine living without it. The turbor vac head picks up hair like magic and I empty it every 4 months or so. Also, no allergens going all through the air. I just plug it in to the wall and I can do 4 rooms before moving it. Don't know if it is an option for you, but it is worth looking into.

DG

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I love my Dyson. I have the yellow one though...not the animal one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts