Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just wonderful. A former hunting cabin nestled in rural wooded PA, away from but not too far from the beaten path. Dogs are with me, fully stocked refrigerator, cable TV with premium channels, lovely deck overlooking wooded yard, quiet, no street lights, no sidewalks, close to some nice parks. Okay, yes, I am vacationing at home. The vacation bad luck is continuing.. but I really am enjoying my vacation 8). Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous so in the morning, I'm planning to get up early and take a dog or two to the local lake. All in all, what I needed was relaxation which I will get. Work will be crazy when I get back. The union contract is up on the 30th and the union may go on strike. If they do, I'll be a busy, busy woman, I'm on the contingency crew.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
what a great way to relax. Pics please!!

I love stay at home vacations. No packing, unpacking...no schedule to follow...I plan to take one in June. :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics, you got it. I'll be posting a few in the next couple of days. I wanted to get out the camera and get some update pics of the dogs anyway. I also like stay at home vacations, especially since I got the dogs. It's fun to take them on day trips, and I always find new places I haven't see or visited. Also I'm only about an hour out of Philly so I think I'll end up there for a day or two also.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Sounds perfect, Jeanne. :)

I, too, love an at-home vacation. Especially one in which you can make your own schedule/plans. The dogs will certainly enjoy the day trips! Enjoy!

G

·
LOL!

I was going to ask you where in PA as I need to find a dog friendly place for a vaca.

I only have the week of July 4th available to me for time off this summer and since we live 2 blocks from a major fireworks show, I cannot leave the dogs here with a sitter. Lucy will be a basket case.

So, we will find a place where we can go with 2 teens and 2 dogs. All housebroken!

Preferably on a lake.

G

·
That's our life every day here in northeast PA!! :D Glad to hear you are having a great time!! Can't wait to see the pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts