Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have to start thinking about our summer vacation because Jason has to claim his vacation week. The last two years we've gone to Florida but Jason wants to go somewhere else. I've really only ever vacationed in Florida! So I don't know where to go.

A coworker of his goes somewhere on Lake Michigan that they really like so Jason's thought about that. I don't remember where.

Any ideas? It would need to be, say, a 12-hour or less drive from Indianapolis. Preferably less.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
The Jersey shore!! :D

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Have you been to Niagara Falls/Toronto? It's nice in the summer!

Virginia Beach is about 12 hours, too.

I think Michigan is beautiful in the summer, but I'm kind of biased.. ;) Like Traverse City or something of that sort. Even northern Michigan, the tip of the "mitten".

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Vermont...it takes us less right about 12 hours from Indy to Vt. Seriously you could do Niagra, then back into the US and do Cooperstown if you are a baseball fan as upstate NY and the VT area are nice.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Traverse City Michigan is beautiful in the summer. You could even take a day trip from there to Mackinac Island. There are a lot of wineries around TC and you can go win tasting, that is if you drink wine. ;) We need your tourism dollars! :) I do love TC not just because I live in MI.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
mackinac island is beautiful in the summer. you'd have to sell internal organs to stay on the island so yea i'd make it a day trip.

i'm a fudgie. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
We love Mackinac - but you have to stay on the island - the best part is when the fudgies leave at night.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
bearsdad said:
We love Mackinac - but you have to stay on the island - the best part is when the fudgies leave at night.
oh that was low, eric.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Jinx said:
bearsdad said:
oh that was low, eric.
Ooops .. that was not directed at you Kel, I am truly sorry :-* All I am saying is when the day crowd leaves, the island is so much less crowded.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
bearsdad said:
Jinx said:
bearsdad said:
oh that was low, eric.
Ooops .. that was not directed at you Kel, I am truly sorry :-* All I am saying is when the day crowd leaves, the island is so much less crowded.
i forgive you. :-* i'd love to watch the sunset from the porch at the grand hotel.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
You haven't lived until you had New Engliand Clam Chowder in NE.. first time i ever tried it was in Cape Cod.. i've never had a better bowl =)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Jimbo said:
Wisconsin Dells
Branson MO
Lake of the Ozarks
For the short drive, those 3 places are probably the best in the Midwest.

I would say Northern Minnesota, the only problem is that it will be 90F one week 40F the next.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Retriever Mama said:
Cape Cod, MA :D with a couple of days in Boston?
That was going to be my choice until I read the drive limit. I would suggest Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard also.

FWIW... Mackinac is VERY dog friendly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts