Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an opportunity to take a vacation in June - first dogless one in 9 years! I'm trying to find a place to go...somewhere close so we can drive (no fly!). I was thinking Delaware...Rhode Island is beautiful I hear....any ideas?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've been there already. I want to go somewhere new! :)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Nantucket? You could go to the Pocono's and stay in one of those places with the champagne tubs! :)
Martha's Vineyard? Boston? Washington DC?

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Charleston SC is a great place with lots to do.

Dillsboro NC is a fun town, full of lots of quaint shops, a great steam engine train ride through the mountains. Beautiful country.

Black Mt. NC is fun for shopping in quaint shops, walking, mountain beauty.. Asheville is very close by as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway.

First week in June is also the worlds longest yard sale, travel Hwy 127 from Alabama to Ohio, a fun trip!! We did it last year through Tennessee.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great ideas everyone, thanks!!!

Sharon, Lake George! That's a place I've always wanted to visit!!
:)

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Stay out of Vermont....we have too many folks from NJ/CT/MA as it is. :wink:

Do you want a trip to shop? the ocean? hiking? Nice hotels? outdoor sports? What are you looking for?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If you are up to a bit of driving I recommend driving up along the coast of Maine and into New Brunswick, Canada. You can see the phenomenal Bay of Fundy and it's huge daily tides. Along the way, in Maine, you can visit Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor. Once looking around as souvenir shop there I saw a little buoy and on it was painted Ba Ha Ba. It took me a second to figure it out but keep pronouncing it and you'll see.:biggrin1:
In St. John NB you will see a river reverse flow daily and you can tour the Moosehead brewery, highly recommended as at the end of the tour you get a 30 minute "tasting" with no limit. Keep one designated driver for that fun. By law everyone in NB is bi-lingual. Even the brewery tour was conducted both in French and in English. Beware though, if you can speak European French you will not fully understand Qubecois. It's the same French spoken in south Louisiana as the "cajuns" originally relocated from this area.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
You should fly....and I'd recommend Costa Rica.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I think these are all great ideas. I'd also suggest going to Berkely Springs and pamper yourselves. Soak in the hot springs, get massages, drink the mineral water,relax and regroup. We rented a house there for the weekend, was cheap and walking distance to downtown where all the shops and restaurants are. They had live entertainment outside in the park in the summer. It was wonderful.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What we would reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllly like is a "modern" log cabin on a lake with it's own dock so we can bring or boat. I'm not coming up with much though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts