Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I are on vacation next week and have no plans. We were going to take our motorcycles and dogs and go to his sister's up north, but the forecast is predicting rain up there all week. :mad:

We don't have much $$$ for this vacation so we're trying to think of SOMETHING to do, dogs included, of course! I won't leave them home with my mom for a week again, ever! Staying home and doing nothing is an option, but I really need to get away from everything!!!

Lots happened over the weekend with oldest "D"D and I need to get away! Not sure about my job right now as we're going thru job eliminations and I won't know for about 2-3 wks, so I need to get away from there too.

Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
DH and I are on vacation next week and have no plans. We were going to take our motorcycles and dogs and go to his sister's up north, but the forecast is predicting rain up there all week. :mad:

We don't have much $$$ for this vacation so we're trying to think of SOMETHING to do, dogs included, of course! I won't leave them home with my mom for a week again, ever! Staying home and doing nothing is an option, but I really need to get away from everything!!!

Lots happened over the weekend with oldest "D"D and I need to get away! Not sure about my job right now as we're going thru job eliminations and I won't know for about 2-3 wks, so I need to get away from there too.

Any ideas or suggestions?
How about Mt Rushmore? I don't know how far you are but I see Minnesota. Wisconsin Dells?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
MN zoo
Different dog park each day, Three Rivers has 7 of them, all nice. $30 for annual permit good at all. Minnehaha Dog park on the Mississippi.
Should be a Doggiepaloozaq somewhere in the 7 county area.
Taylors Falls, nice walk in the woods.
Drive down to Owatanna and spend a day at Cabellas
Redwing, usually a good place to kill a day. Several B&Bs there, not sure about the dogs.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
DH and I just had 2 1/2 weeks off with no big plans. Have to tell you its one of the best vacations we have had in along time. Lots of hanging out 3 road trips, a couple nights at the coast with the kids, came home got some things done around here, then next up a couple of nights up to the lake- Sammi was with us everywhere we went- so much fun! I'm back to work today BLACH!! I truly feel rested and relaxed, I'll see how long that lasts:) Maybe that's something that could work for you! Whatever you do, have fun- Di

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

Go up north anyway. Forecasts can be wrong, or change. Even if it does rain, you will be away, somewhere that's not home, not expensive, and there must be places to explore up there that you haven't been to yet.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
How do you get the dogs on the motorcycles?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts