Just Labradors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,989 Posts
Yes I did. She died last September.

Her problem was not that she was a bite hazard, but she was very reactionary, very sensitive and would probably have had a psychotic break if I had put her in a kennel. Seriously.

I have wonderful neighbors (in fact several) and they watched my dogs for years as I did theirs. It all worked out well.

I have a different problem now with a diabetic dog who needs insulin injections twice a day. Not something you can simply trust to a typical dog sitter. But - a couple of the vet techs at the practice I use do dog sit (stay at your house while you are gone and care for the dogs needs). This is probably what I will do when next I need that service.

This year we have a place where we can bring both of them.

·
Registered
11,989 Posts
I just went through this as I am going to be away a few days at the end of the month. I don't go ANYWERE because I hate to leave them and the hassle it is. I am taking Zoe with me, but can't take them all and Dutch barks the entire time in the car. Anyway, I found this company called Fetch; they are nationwide, so check to see if they are available in your area. The gal is coming Saturday for me to interview her. She is SPENDING THE NIGHT with them. I am sooooooooooooo excited; and it costs me about the same as a kennel would and I don't have to take them in the get KC shots. I'm so hoping this works out good as it will give me a huge peace of mind for going places now.

Good for you! Sounds like an ideal solution!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.