Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd update: Darren posted this on our photography website this afternoon.

Hi all,

thank you for all your support, I thought I would let you know that at 4.35am May 17th 2007 our little boy was born. Weighing 3lb 5oz. He is doing fine and will let you know the outcome of the tests but for now "Jordan Graeme Kai"

here are some shots yep still the photographer

Regards Darren

Thought I'd post this link to the photo site so y'all could see pictures of Jordan Graeme Kai.
http://www.photozo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35832&start=45
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got this PM from Darren and Marissa this morning. Thank you all so much for the prayers. This prayer chain that we have, along with all the others this was posted on, is awesome. Praise God.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Monnie,

I appreciate it, and I have to believe that to a degree it has worked we had some good news today. The genetic disorder they were worried about (that would be fatal) were proven not to be and niether is our little man down syndrome. Our odds are well into the fovour now of a happy healthy baby even at 31 if he comes early. We still have some worried times ahead but after devastation like this what we have now if a really great chance of a positive outcome.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is cross-posted with permission from a friend in Australia at our photography forum, Photozo or Zo for short.

I asked for his permission to post this here because I know there is something special about our prayer line. Please remember Darren, Marissa, and their unborn child in your prayers.

To my beloved zo family,

as some of you know my wife and I are expecting our first child via IVF. We had some devastating news yesterday. My wife was rushed to Melboure sunday just gone entering into premature labour at 31 weeks. We were informed that our little man has some health issues. And because of such it is unlikely, not definate that he will will either pass inside Marissa or only live to days or weeks. We are looking 90%-10% not in our favour.

We are devastated, shattered all the lack of understanding the sadness wife wife is healthy and has shown respect to this bub and her body.

I ask for your for you collective hopes and prayers....

Thankyou Regards Darren

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Re: URGERT!!!! Prayers Requested for a Friend

:(

Sending out some thoughts and prayers to them.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

May God's goodness and grace shine down upon this little family and, should it be His will, deliver the child into His kingdom.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts

Oh man, that just brings tears to my eyes. :( Good thoughts for the whole family.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

Prayers for the family are on their way. I'm rooting for the little guy, I hope God gives him another week inside, then makes him strong enough to come into this world and thrive. 32 weeks is totally do-able.

J

·
0 Posts

Paddysmom said:
May God's goodness and grace shine down upon this little family and, should it be His will, deliver the child into His kingdom.
AMEN

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

Oh dear...this hits so close to home for me. They definitely have
my prayers!!! :'(

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

Prayers for Marissa, Darren and unborn baby.
Hope it all works out fine.

·
0 Posts

Sending good thoughts and prayers their way.

We faced a similar situation with our son and daughter-in-law. She lost a baby at 7 months into the pregnancy. Cassie is buried here on our property. :angel:

But, they were able to make it through the sorrow and pain and several years later had Alex, our grandson. I was amazed at the number of people who related to us that they had gone through a similar experience - so they shouldn't feel alone in their sorrow - there are people out there who will help if things go badly.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

Sending good thoughts.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Thanks, everyone. I know just how powerful the prayer line is here at JL. I know God is in control and his will will be done. I just so believe that he wants us to pray for others. I know this will comfort Darrin and Marissa in this time of deep saddness.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

Adding my prayres for them also .........

1 - 20 of 30 Posts