Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE! Lab mix needs a home or foster

UPDATE

Thanks so much to Kim(shaqpuppy) for stepping in to help out Zoe, she is safe at a vet's office for now. I put up enough to board her there for a couple of weeks.
Now if we can raise the money for her Heartworm treatment that would be great.
If you are interested in sending a donation you can call the clinic and donate with your Credit Card over the phone. Every little bit will help this sweet girl.

Here is the info:
Destrehan Animal Clinic
985-764-0001

Her name is Zoe and she is under Kim Breaux.

This lab was brought to us heartworm positive and the owners elected to euthanize her.
She also has some orthopedic issues with her legs, but it doesn't seem to stop her. She is only 3 years old and spayed.
I tried taking to her a local Lab rescue today but they turned her away because she doesn't seem to be pure bred.
She will be going to the shelter tomorrow and likely euthanized unless some miracle happens for her today.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oh how I wish I could help, she looks like a sweety. Prayers that someone can help.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i think you already did, but put her in the urgents on lab.net. try not to take her to the shelter as she is black and hw positive....not good for her outcome. i wish i could help....post her and the story on f/b and i will share with everyone i know and try to help get the word out. lots of people on .net will probably contribute to her hw treatment if you can get her rescued.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sandy I am so thankful to Kim(shaqpuppy) she is going to call her vet's office tomorrow and I will be bringing her there. I am going to leave a donation to help out too.
If anybody wants to help financially with this girl I am sure we can have you call the vet and leave a donation over the phone with a CC.
She is such a sweet girl and never deserved to be unloved.
She was great today with me, we rode around in my van for several hours, I had a couple of stops to make and she was so good! She deserves this chance.

Thanks to all for caring!
Paula

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Oh poor girl. She looks so happy and nice tempered too. It's not fair that she is unloved :(

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Paula, you saved her! :) Bless you! She is really beautiful!!!!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Thanks for saving her. Please post any donation info, I noticed she's like bow-legged, bless her heart she deserves to be loved and spoiled!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts