Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SO PROUD of my puppers! This may sound stupid, but last night when I was rolling a tennis ball across the floor after like 10 rolls Apollo actually picked it up and brought it back to me! :eek: Now I know some of you are thinking "Well DUH, he is a labrador RETRIEVER" but you have to understand, Apollo would NEVER bring the ball back. He is scared of toys and he had no clue how to fetch. This bummed me out cuz I could never play with him and tire him out. Well last night he not only retrieved one time, but THREE times! AND when I went to go put his leash on this morning he didn't pee himself (like he usually does) I am SOOOO proud of my puppers!

Here he is playing fetch:

http://apollopuppy.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=fetch

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Re: OMG Apollo!!!!!!!!

Great job Apollo!!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts

Good job Apollo!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

How wonderful! Good job to both of you. :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

High Paw Apollo!! Good going boy, that's the way to retrieve.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

yay apollo!
how exciting and rewarding to see his progress!

·
Registered
315 Posts

Yay!!!!! You and Sam just need to be patient. He's starting to trust. You'll be buying a chuck-it before you know it!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

yayyy Apollo!!!

I will celebrate every baby step he makes with you... I know how much it means to you. and HIM!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

I'm so happy for you!!
Everything in small steps.

Way to go, Apollo!!! Keep it up

·
Registered
12,420 Posts

Isn't it wonderful to reach a milestone? Lots of love will work wonders for him. Good job, both of you :) :)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

OMG he was soooo excited! He was butt tucking all over the house like "yay! I did it!" I was soooo proud of him! Can't wait to try again tonight. We'll be playing full on fetch before ya know it.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

That is wonderful. It won't be long and you'll be wondering why you ever taught him to retrieve. ;)

Apollopuppy said:
OMG he was soooo excited! He was butt tucking all over the house like "yay! I did it!"
Aren't they funny when they finally figure something out? Seeing that light bulb go on is my favorite thing about dog training.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts