Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
???

I posted last week about Nush, our almost 1-year old male Lab who has been dripping urine. Vet put him on amoxicilin at first which seemed to work at first but he kept dripping. Took him in last Saturday with another urine sample and they also took x-ray and did blood work. X-ray and blood work came back normal, urine sample had white blood cells but no definitive evidence of a bladder infection, which is what vet suspected. She put him on a different antibiotic, he's been on it 5 days now but is still having the drips ... always when he's sleeping or otherwise getting relaxed ... Called vet again to give her update and waiting to hear back ...

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 3 y o male Chance had the same problem. It started 2 weeks after I adopted him, when I started to switch his food to a brand that had all the right things on the ingredient list, was sort of pricey and came with recommendations. Anyway they tested his urine for an infection and crystals, and then put him on a special diet (that cost $100 for a bag of dog food) and he was still dripping. Finally I decided to switch him back to the Purina One that he was being fed when we adopted him. And the problem went away! I don't know if it was the food, but I'm just glad he's all better.
I really hope you find a solution soon. I know how frustrating this problem can be and how much patience it requires.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awww poor baby. I hope they figure it out this time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hope you get it fixed soon. I have a Cocker so I don't know if this will help you at all. They might make Belly Bands that you could fit him with. It might make him a little more comfortable (and less embarassed) and save some of your furniture and floors. He must be so uncomfortable.

I know when my little girl has an accident in the house she mopes around. He must feel terrible. Give him extra lovin' :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts