Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!! :D Feeling much better already in my legs. Wish I could say the same about my arm! :eek: I didn't have a clue what a PIC line entailed..had to go to same day surgery & everything. It didn't take long but when they told me thats where I had to go, I just about freaked out! lol My treatments will take just about a hour- hour half for ten days straight. So, my two weeks off work will give me about a week hopefully, HEALTHY & FREE! ;D Keeping this PIC line in a week will be a pain, literally, BUT we can already see a big difference in the tissue with one treatment! So it is well worth it. I better move along before "security" busts me! Thanks & I will be back soon. Finally, there IS light at the end of a LONG tunnel. :)

Never a dull monent........ :-\ This is what fun I have been up to. :-[ If you could, keep me in your thoughts Thursday. Thanks!!!
Here's the backround....

I had a small scrape on my leg, from stepping over a old fence to get Daisy's "stick" that accidentally went into the woods. It turned into a bad case of Cellulitis. We have been treating it for a month with antibiotics, getting stronger dosages with each refill. We started the THIRD round Monday to hold me over till the Dr could get me worked in today, Wed. The plan is I am going to the hospital Thursday & having a PIC line placed (where ever they do that). Then I will go to the hospital EVERY DAY for the next TWO weeks for treatments & then go home. So I am OFF WORK for TWO weeks & on "keep my feet propped up rest"! If can do it with my feet propped up, I'm ok, if not, I can't do it! I also have to have a X-RAY to see if it has gone into the bone & she took fluid samples, from one of the weeping sites, to see what type of bacteria it is & if I need to see a Internist. She was not happy to see that it had spread to both legs even on the heavy duty antiobitic & that my legs had started hold more fluid even with the raised lasix. (80 mg daily) I will also get the lasix through my IV with my treatments, which is supposed to be more effective than the oral. That's it for now.... We are not sure how long my "treatments" will last every day.
The girls will be FORCED to have mom home for two weeks! :D They will be ROTTEN (or more miseribly rotten) by the time I go back to work. It just so happens that Lori is also off a week during my time off. Other than that I am "free" as long as I can keep my legs ellevated. lololol That kinda limits most activities BUT I am VERY thankful, I dont have to stay in the HOSPITAL! I am sure the nurses are very glad to not be STUCK with ME! ;)
Hospital=No dogs, no puter......Let's HOPE THIS WORKS! :angel: Thanks & I will update as soon as I can. I have not a clue, what I am getting into, other than I know I don't have to sleep at the hospital.
;D

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Re: If you could keep me in your thoughts Thurday. Thanks

Gosh Karen...that's scary! Good thoughts for you! Feel better soon.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts

I hope you can get your legs cleared up soon. Sounds very painful. Good thoughts on the way.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

Wow! Lots of healing thoughts and prayers for you.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts

I had a cousin who got Cellulitis in his face. Nasty stuff.
Sending healing thoughts. Good luck. Do what the dr. orders.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Get well soon! Hope you get some rest and start feeling better fast. In the meantime we'll be looking forward to chatting with you during your rest!

B

·
0 Posts

good thoughts and prayers here. glad that you didn't have to stay in the hospital. take care.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

You have my thoughts and prayers Karen. Get well soon.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts

Sending good thoughts and prayers that this treatment works for you. When we lived in Germany, a kid put a screwdriver completely through my daughters foot and pegged her to the ground. She ended up with cellulitis. They felt it best to treat her in the hospital with IV antibiotics.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

sloigo said:
The girls will be FORCED to have mom home for two weeks! :D They will be ROTTEN (or more miseribly rotten) by the time I go back to work.
This is totally an aside, but when you are home, you might want to make sure that you don't let them out to pee any more frequently than they normally do. I have developed a bit of a problem at my house, because when I am home for extended periods of time (I am in grad school), I had been letting the dogs out to play every two hours or so. When school got busy and I had to go back to spending days on campus, the dogs had a really, really hard time going back to holding their pee for an entire day. It was really rough on them.

Just a thought.

B

·
0 Posts

Good thoughts - hope this works and you feel much better soon. Be very careful with the PIC line (they'll give you good instructions I'm sure and probably a home health nurse too).

Feet up and eating bon-bons (or comfort food of choice!)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts

Oh wow. Lots of good thoughts coming your way.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts