Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE Tuesday morning
Chace Sylvester was born at approximately 12:31 a.m. Tuesday
He is 4 pounds, 2 ounces and 17 1/4 inches long with dark hair.
He has been very alert and is sucking good when fed.
His blood sugar and oxygen levels are good.
Because he is so small, they have to keep him wrapped tightly in three blankets to keep his body temperature where they want it to be when they take him out from underneath the heat lights.

He will need to be watched close for the next 24 hours.

Both Janelle and Chace are doing well at this time.
Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

**Update
I talked to my mom who talked to Janelle's mom. She said as of last week the baby was about 4lbs 9oz and the head was normal size but the body was smaller than normal. Also then she was 2 1/2 cm dilated already. Today at her appointment her BP was up and she had protien in her urine so they were worried about preecclampsia. They are going to try to induce if it doesn't take they will deliver via C-section. They are staying in Jasper which her mom is not happy about they just don't have the facilities for a complicated delivery or baby that needs to be in NICU.
Thanks for the prayers I hope they help.

I just got a text message from my cousin Janelle that she was being induced to have her baby boy today. I'm not sure why though she's not due until February 15th and last I heard there were some issues with the babies development he was really small, but seemed healthy otherwise. I thought she was doing better though my mom said she was finally gaining weight and they found a doctor in town that would be able to deliver her instead of having to go to Evansville to the Women's hospital. They live in a smaller town the hospital doesn't have a NICU really.
I hope everything is ok with my cousin and the baby any extra prayers would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
Re: Can I get some good thoughts for my cousin

My prayers coming their way, they don't have a NICU :( I'm praying here, let us know how they are?

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Can I get some good thoughts for my cousin

Tundra Aries said:
My prayers coming their way, they don't have a NICU :( I'm praying here, let us know how they are?
I'm not positive that they don't, but everyone I know of that has had any challanging pregnancy has delivered in Evansville because it is a much bigger hospital with a level 3 NICU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts