Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of those that have followed the battles here, I wanted to give you a bit of an update.

Loren and I have been doing much better. There are still ups and downs, but the counselling has been a huge blessing. We go together and we go separately.

More communication has been established between the two of us. The counselor has given us many of the tools needed to communicate effectively at home and for me not to fear trying to communicate with him.

Things are looking better with Loren's job. He did receive a promotion effective Jan. 1st. A pay increase did come with the promotion with the promise of a second increase in June, which will bring us closer to where we were before he was layed off last February. It will take us a little while to dig out of "past dues" but there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

So, to keep this short and sweet, ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS AND GOOD THOUGHTS that you all have given are incredibly appreciated. I thank all of you for the support, advice and stories shared with me. It has all been particularly instrumental in moving forward and not giving up hope.

Loren is a good man, a sensitive man and a loving man.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm so happy to hear this, Shanna!! :D :D Sounds like he just needed a bit of a kick in the butt. Congrats to you both on the promotion!!!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
It's good to hear from you Shanna! I'm so glad things are looking up. I'm happy for you and Loren.

BTW, I brought you a spider to play with the other day.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Oh, Shanna I'm so happy for you. They never really explained to us how much work being a grown-up would be, did they? It is wonderful to hear about two people who are making the effort. Proud of you. :-*

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Glad to hear things are looking up, Shanna. You deserve all the happiness you can get.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thanks for the glass of lemonade Shanna. It is very cool and refreshing. Pat

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I am so thrilled to hear this, Shanna! You are a caring, loving, giving woman and Loren is lucky to have you. God bless you all!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts