Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr Marquis is doing so great. We are having SO much fun with him. Yesterday we hauled the horses to Yankee Springs and left the trailer hooked up so I could "work" on loading him. Well, that lasted 5 minutes since he walked right in. He's big now, so doing these types of things are crucial NOW before he gets even bigger. 3 days ago I had him on the lunge line (only do this 1-2 days a week) and took him over a cavaletti (ground pole). He did great so we extended it from there and let him try out a small jump (less than a foot) and he did even better. He is a bold horse and (fortunately or unfortunately) would be a great eventer. I'm not so sure my body can handle eventing anymore but I might give it a try. He's easy going, sometimes stubborn, but generally very easy to work with.

I need some new pictures of him. He's HUGE. He's 15'3 right now and JUST 2. I don't work with him much because I want to keep him fresh and interested. Plus, he has 2 old farts in the pasture showing him the "ropes." And he's having fun keeping the old farts young.

Anyways, I hope everyone doesn't mind a brag. I am really proud of him and even MORE proud of my decision. I can't wait to get on him....my main mount is getting to the point that I can't ride her anymore. Sooner than I expected. We took her trail riding yesterday (Just walked) and she is lame today. So, that might have been my last day with her and I am bummed. She loves it SO much. Her heart is in it but her body won't cooperate.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I love hearing all the horse stories, makes me think more and more about getting back in to it once we move and have the property- I loved riding and being around horses when I was younger, all you horse folks make me miss it! Oh and yes pictures are a must!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts