Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is doing a little better today. He had a bad night last night. He could not get comfortable. I got up at 3:00 am and gave him more meds and that seemed to help. I think the Prednisone is finally kicking in and relieving the swelling in his brain which is what I think is happening. I think the encephalitis has never went away totally. It gets better with antibiotics and then when you stop he reverts back. I have attached a video I took last night that gives you an idea of what some of the manifestations of this disease looks like besides the falling down and bad gait. The video is a little dark and Orson is of course in front of him but you can see how he has these involuntary jerky movements of his leg, head, and shoulder area on his left side. Will get him into the vet tomorrow hopefully and see how she wants to tackle this as far as antibiotics again.

Linky to video:

http://www.cirquegirl.com/jl/tank.mov

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm sorry Sandie! Tank is in my prayers, and I hope the vet visit yields some helpful answers and suggestions for him.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Glad that he's doing better. Hope things go well with the vet visit.

Thanks for posting the video - it's difficult to watch (in multiple ways) but it is interesting and informative.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Sandie, I hope all goes well at the vet's tomorrow. I'm so glad he's better tonight but will continue the prayers for that sweet boy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts