Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The doctor called this morning. Apparently his platelets are low. They are not low enough to put a stop to the surgery but does make it a little more risky if he should have any bleeding problems. The cause of the low platelets is undetermined. Could be the cancer, could be tick borne disease. They are going to do an echo on his heart this morning. They did not do that yesterday and that is one area that the cancer is prone to gravitate to. It is possible that his platelets are just low and are that way because of no reason. Right now just hoping that the heart scan is clear. If not then we are looking at a whole other bag of worms. Unfortunately they are going to have to open him back up stem to stern to fix what is going on but leaving it as is would be more life threatening than the cancer right now. They will put him on antibiotics for the low platelets in hopes that it is from tick borne disease and this will help that. So now on pins and needles again waiting for the result of the heart scan.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Unfortunately they are going to have to open him back up stem to stern to fix what is going on
Wait, what did I miss? I thought he only had to have a lump removed?
Poor Tankie. That's gotta be hard on his body.

Prayers for continuned wellness Sandie. Will be waiting on pins and needles for the next update.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Sending good thoughts to Tankie. Poor guy has been through so much. I hope all goes well today.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Fingers and toes crossed that all goes okay.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
waiting with you....

continued good thoughts and prayers out to tankie boy!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh Sandie, I know all too well that sick feeling in your gut, waiting to hear. You, SU, and Tank are in my prayers.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts