Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to everyone for your prayers and thoughts today. It was a very LONG and stressful day. But... Mom is doing well. She came through the procedure with really good vitals and her heart output has already improved tremendously.

The surgeon was able to replace her mitral valve and do the double by-pass and he also did a procedure called a MAZE to interrupt the nerves firing in her atrium so that her heart would resume regular rhythm, and it worked (he had told us there was about a 20% chance it wouldn't work). Also he does a procedure that shaves off parts of the curve of the aorta coming into the heart where blood tend to pool, and that procedure cuts her risk of stroke 90%!!! He was very pleased the the surgery.

She is in Cardiac ICU now. They said they try to get them off the ventilators ASAP, and with mom's vitals being so strong, they are going to try that tonight.

Again, thank you all so much for your support through this. The JL family truly is a good one to be part of!!!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I'm so glad she's doing well, I'll be sending good thoughts and saying prayers for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Thanks for the update! I am so glad to hear she is doing well.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Give her my love when you see her again. Call me if you need me to do anything for you.

B

·
0 Posts
so happy to hear the durgery went well. continued good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Linda ... the prayers and well wishes really do work. More of them for her continued recovery.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Just seeing this now Linda. Glad to hear everything went well. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts