Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked Homer from the vet hospital on saturday. I am amazed at how well he´s doing. He´s walking perfect, no limping and the wounds on elbows are very small and barely noticeable. Doesn´t seem to be in pain at all

I brought half the pharmacy over (wow! you wouldn´t believe how many things I have to give him). He´s allowed to go for walks (no running, climbing and going downstairs constantly, but can do it slowly)

The major damage is phsycological. Poor kid is very stressed and anxious from the experience and seems to have a lot of accumulated energy, which unfortunately he can´t burn running or playing.

He looks like poodle all shaved up on the chest and legs...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was expecting to pick a lame dog but he was bouncy and hyper as always. I just need to work on calming him and gettin rid of the stress.

Hopefully in a month he will be ready for an off leash rump in the woods, very well deserved!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everybody. Went home for lunch and he was comfortably sleeping on my feet, looking totally relaxed.

Poor Misha had to go for a couple of weeks to a friend´s house til she´s over her heat but it will be better for Homer, since he can recover in peace, and she´s happy with her "surrogate" mom (my friend´s lab, she´s like my dogs´mama because she met them since they were 2 month old pups)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.