Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're up here in Louisville in the middle of all this ice and snowy whatever stuff. I'll make another post for that when I get back home. Anyway, I let Hoppy give dock diving a try yesterday. Actually, my $20 wave fee was a DockDogs donation, as I knew he would never jump. But I had to let my big lover boy try it.

Keep this in mind. This is important here. Hoppy has never retrieved anything outside....never....not a ball, bumper, stick, frisbee....nothing. Also, he has never been in the water any deeper than his chest. And the two things a dog needs to be a dock diver are: strong drive to retrieve and a love of the water. Oh well....

So, I got him up on the dock and took him to the end. Here I am trying my best to get him interested in getting the wubba (seems to be a favorite toy of his).

We have 90 seconds on the dock. He would look at the wubba and then run up and down the dock. He was having a blast!! Then he would come back to me again and do the same thing. Finally, after he ran up and down the dock for about the 4th time, he came back to me...looked at the wubba....and then.................

KISSED ME ALL OVER!!!!! :-* :-* :-* :laugh: :laugh:

OMG, the crowd loved it. He was just so happy to be up there on the dock like a real dock diver. Finally, after about a minute,he had enough ran back down the steps to his daddy.

It was hilarious. He has one more shot at it today. :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The great thing is your dog had a good time and I'll bet you did too. Your pictures and descrption are hilarious. Thanks for sharing. Nice way to wake up to the gloomy weather we have here today. You made me laugh.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Even if he never jumps, he'll be the darling of the dock jumping people with that personality. What a sweet lover boy you have there.
Once he's a confident swimmer, and jumps off a low dock, he will follow Sally and Spud.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Awwww Hoppy!!! What a lovebug you are!!! :D

I just love your sweet boy!! :happy:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I love it! What a great story and wonderful pictures. I HEART HOPPY!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Awwww sooo sweet! Wish Alfie could join a dock diving team he loves both retrieves and water but noone in this country has every heard of it

·
Registered
216 Posts
That was the best pictures and story! Thank you so much for posting and sharing. Hoppy is such a sweet boy.

I wish I knew if we had dock diving up here. I would love to take Rogue as she has a strong retreive and loves water and I think would enjoy dock diving.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So funny! Reminds me of Angus. He wouldn't jump either (as you remember), but darnit, he sure was cute!

Have fun tomorrow!

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Awesome job Hoppy!

The only way to get Ruby to jump (though she does at the dock at Auntie Lou's) is a hotdog thrown in the water :O

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Those sweet kisses more than made up for his lack of trying the jump. :-* :-* The crowd will remember him for his sweet nature.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts