Just Labradors banner

Update at top - Urgent foster home needed

399 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Thunders Mom 
#1 ·
He found a foster home!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Thanks to all who took a look and offered some advice and good thoughts!

sorry, just a bump hoping someone can help...

he only has till the end of the week! :(

If anyone can help please let me know, he only has about 1-2 weeks left at his foster home!

E-mail I received from our rescue group....

"I refuse to believe that there is not a home for Chancey somewhere in this world. He has to go from his foster home, through no fault of his own. I have had him on our website for one year. He has been put out as a plea on yahoo groups twice. He is listed as "urgent" on our website for weeks. Other groups have cross-posted him for us. I don't know is left to do.

Chancey is a 8 year old black lab, 95 lbs, fully vetted. He was left to live in a back yard by some old man for 5 years. When Chancey got picked up by Animal Control when the gate was left open, the old man would not spend $20 to get his dog back, even when he was told by AC that the dog would be destroyed. The neighbourhood begged us to go get Chancey (as they had been walking him and taking him treats ever since the old man had thrown Chancey out to live in the back yard), so we went and rescued Chancey. He has now been in a foster home for a year, with no applications.

Chancey is a sweet dog, affectionate, intelligent, friendly. He is housetrained and non-destructive in the house when left alone. He can be quite a comedian, and loves his foster mom. Chancey is not good with other dogs, will torment cats, and doesn't like children. He is a great dog, and deserves a home. He is on our website.

If you can help Chancey, let me know.

Thanks
Lois
www.allbreedcaninerescue.petfinder.com
519-633-6226"

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: Urgent foster home needed x-post

wonder why his foster mom can't keep him or find him another foster home :(

poor fellow - all the foster homes I know (including mine) are full past capacity at the moment tho

#6 ·
Re: Urgent foster home needed x-post

They have been trying to find him another foster family for a while now, all I know is that there are changes happening at the foster mom's house and that he won't be able to stay there any longer. (not sure if there is a baby or something coming???)

I think they are surprised that he hasn't been adopted after an entire year, but he does have some personality quirks that would make it hard for most people to take him in. I would love to help, but already have a dog and two young children.

Hopefully something will come up soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.