Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how long you have to work before you can claim unemployment? My friend lost her job today, she is an OBGYN Physicians Assistant. She is also 5 months pregnant. Who is going to hire her at 5 months pregnant?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Someone told me the other day you have to be employed 17 weeks before you can file.

That stinks though. :(

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does stink. She is a step away from doctor and got laid off. You would think Health care would be a safer field.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Does anyone know how long you have to work before you can claim unemployment? My friend lost her job today, she is an OBGYN Physicians Assistant. She is also 5 months pregnant. Who is going to hire her at 5 months pregnant?
Not that I am in the health care profession, but when we were interviewing for our office manager, the question came up as to why she was leaving her old job. She said because of the risks that were a part of her current job because she was 5 months pregnant. we hired her and it was the best decision we ever made. She had to take her time off with no pay when she had the kid (you have to work for the University for 6 months before you get any time off).

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Why did she lose her job? If this was a job being eliminated or she was terminated for cause she probably has no recourse - but - if her termination was in any way related to her pregnancy she may have a claim against her employer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts