Just Labradors banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just talked to another Vet in the area....
Neutering: $96
Pain Meds (Gas and a injection): $30
Cryptorchid surgery (undescended testes...assuming they were not in the inguinal canal and a more in-depth surgery was needed + pain meds, anesthetic gas and vaccine for kennel cough): $282.83
Now that's more like it....Now we all know that cheaper is not always better....so I have to do my homework and ask around about this Vet.
Paying more neither is a sign of quality, you could be helping paying for the Vet's new toy...summer house, new car, new boat or any other luxury. As a surgeon not just call pay a visit to the vet clinic and check under what conditions they do surgeries that could give you a better understanding and it will help to make the decision better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ha I just noticed that this was from a long time ago....silly me for not looking at the date :( but I'm glad to find out that Edward is doing ok and his surgery went well. I bet that he has grown a lot since those last pictures, so we are due new pictures :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Old post with updated threads...

Yes asking around was the key.... cost does not always equal quality (most of the time). The Vet that we go to was highly recommended by my nurses and I also called around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just saw this post. My dog is cryptorchid, the breeder didn't mention it but did tell me there was a health guarantee for two years. When I contacted him to let him know he did not respond. I don't want money and I love my dog but he shouldn't breed the mom and dad again because it's hereditary. My concern is: these are akc champion dogs, shouldn't someone know that they carry this trait since it's considered a fault?

81 - 84 of 84 Posts