Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I can see where people would be mad about this and say it promotes underage drinking.

On the other hand, we sell really nice flasks at the jewelry/gift store I work at. If a teenager comes in and buys a flask, I'm not going to deny it to them or card them.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My reefs are my favorite flip flops.

The news report said that kids are putting vodka in them and wearing them to school to mix with redbull. I don't see it as promoting underage drinking. Personally putting any beverage in my shoe sounds gross to me anyway lol.

They only make them for guys not girls...how rude!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
When I was in HS, the "cool" thing to do was put vodka in your water bottle.

Stupid idiots didn't realize how much it SMELLS, and they were usually found out. But, for a while we weren't allowed to have water bottles with us in class. ::)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hilarious. I'd rather not drink something out of a shoe, but hey, that's just me. My husband has a pair that has a bottle opener in the sole. Good times. If you are pushed to underage drinking by a shoe, you've got big problems.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Derf said:
My husband has a pair that has a bottle opener in the sole.
no way!

see now we can wear a bottle opening flip flop on one foot and a flask one on the other :p

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I'm with others looks like pepsi to me! I dont own a pair but love flip flops and they look really comfortable, think I'll be looking at getting some real soon!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i thought pepsi or dr. pepper as soon as i opened up the website. i would buy those so i can carry around my grape juice on hot days. they look super comfortable.

·
Registered
163 Posts
OMG you can get a pair of thongs that you can fit alcohol into? and an Australian didn't think of it??

We gotta get some of those here :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Derf said:
Hilarious. I'd rather not drink something out of a shoe, but hey, that's just me. My husband has a pair that has a bottle opener in the sole. Good times. If you are pushed to underage drinking by a shoe, you've got big problems.
Those are the best. I was at a party last summer and a guy had those. He was opening the Corona for everyone. Very cool.

I think these flask sandals are dumb though. Wouldn't they be awkward to walk in with the extra weight in the heel? I still don't see how they promote underage drinking. People are way too touchy these days. If this bothers you, you need to get a life. ::)

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
It says it's a canteen - it doesn't say "PUT YOUR ALCOHOL HERE!"

If people chose to put alcohol in them, that's not their fault. You'd have to boycott everything that holds a beverage.

But yeah, I'm not drinking liquid from my shoes.

G

·
I love my reefs and I will never give them up. I have a pair right now that I have had for 4 years and they still look great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts