Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rogue traders? Went undercover in 3 puppy farms..was so sad. One Cavalier had parvo had to be put down, another sold jack russell with fake vaccination certificates and another who was selling imported dogs! Oh and the pet shop that sold a Springer for £500 and then the vet told them it had a genetic eye disease.

And all the rspca say is..improve their living conditions?! Is there noone in this country that could shut these places down?

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
It's the same kind of stuff in the US, too. Legally they can't do much, but I watched one episode where this guy had to take like 40 dogs to the vet and had only 24 hours to do it or they would shut him down. Unfortunately he took them all in. ****!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arrrrr its so sad, how about the defects he is passing down? I just said in a convo on my facebook with someone that they moan shelters are full but if they shut these ppl down in 1st place they would probably cut the numbers in half

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Yep, totally is. Jerks. Same thing goes for the puppy mill my cousin just got a dog from and she didn't do her homework.. the mom had round worms and they got passed down to the puppies and they all have them around their lungs. Ugh.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Masterchef is on here too (Sky +'d it). I don't get the whole presentation of food malarkey. I'd rather have a burger and greasy chips then some fancy dish at a posh restaurant.

Sorry, off topic. Back on topic...I don't believe puppy mills can be "shut down" (in this country) as if they meet the basic standards of welfare, they aren't technically breaking the law.

I didn't see the program though. May watch on the iPlayer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts