Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since going on antibiotics, Baby's appetite has been hit or miss. Sometimes she will eat with gusto, but often she sniffs at it, sniffs at Tina's bowl (you got the same thing?) and steps away from the dish. We resorted to adding a splash of chicken broth and she snarfs it all up.

Having half-heimers, sometimes referred to as CRS (Can't Remember Sh.. er stuff) and often being in a hurry- I forget the chicken broth. Bad Lab Dad.

I prepare all three bowls together. Jack eats very fast and then pushes Tina out of the way and when finished will push Baby out of the way. Trick: Add water to Jack's bowl, drain the girl's. Jack takes longer to get to the bottom.

Jack's and Baby's bowls go down together. Tina's follows immediately. Less than a three count behind, just long enough for Baby to sniff the beans and kibble in her dish and be ready to sniff Tina's bowl as it comes down. Another sniff at her dish, and Baby steps back from bowl. Ears alert, eyes up and searching. Quick swish of the tail. Uh, Excuse me. Waiter? There is no chicken broth in my bowl. She stands over her dish. She often gets anointed with the chicken broth because she tries to lick it as it comes into the bowl. Once the chicken broth is added she is happy.

Once the bowls are down i work on the peanut butter crackers. she comes over immediately so i guess she is not hungry and still needs her pill. I give her the medded peanut butter cracker, glance over to the dishes to make sure Jack has not bumped Tina and see Baby has not touched her bowl-the little stinker. She follows me trying to get another cracker. She has learned if she acts like she has not had a cracker then she must be Tina and she often gets a second cracker. Smart girl she is.

LD

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer does the same thing with shredded cheese. He gets 3 or 4 strands of shredded cheese on top of his kibble. If those strands aren't there, he looks back and forth between me and the refrigerator until I get the hint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts