Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That dull thunder overhead...
Effies are out tonight. It's been a long time.

:(

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I love the sound of our air force jets screaming over the house. :) Next March, we take delivery of the new F-18 fighter & from what I've been reading, they make even more noise than the F-111's that are flying presently.

I can't wait! Hopefully, I'll be home when the first ones fly in. I should be able to get some good pics of them landing at Amberley AFB. Watch this space. :D

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
...Next March, we take delivery of the new F-18 fighter & from what I've been reading, they make even more noise than the F-111's that are flying presently...
The F-18s make a great noise, Garth! That's the plane the Navy's Blue Angels fly. Hopefully this link works so you can get an idea what one soudns like. :) BTW- I love the sound of fighter jets, too!

http://www.break.com/index/blue-angels-really-low-flyby.html

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I love them too! We get a lot of fly overs at my house. We're in their practice fly zone. It's awesome! You feel the rumble first and then the roar gets louder and louder and we run outside and the widows start to rattle and woosh! There they go. There's always one and then you have to wait and then another one comes by. What a thrill! My husband always identifies them for me. He knows them all.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
The F-18s make a great noise, Garth! That's the plane the Navy's Blue Angels fly. Hopefully this link works so you can get an idea what one soudns like. :) BTW- I love the sound of fighter jets, too!

http://www.break.com/index/blue-angels-really-low-flyby.html
COOL! Funny thing about my town is it's full of whingers who are always bitching about how much noise the air force makes ATM. Imagine what they'll do when we have these ones flying over our houses? :rolleyes: If you don't like having this country's biggest AFB in your back yard, MOVE FGS!

I got woken up one morning about 4am by a squadron of F-111's flying right over the house. Sounded like about 6 at least - maybe more. That was one time I didn't mind being woken up early. You should have seen the bitching letters to the editor in the paper the next day. :D:D

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
We have government and military helecopers flying low over our neighbourhood on a daily basis.

The most amazing sight/sound happened the other day when I was playing frizbee with Dex. A Vietnam era Huey helecopter flew over us really low and just above the tree tops. Even Dexter looked up. I could see the pilot and waved as he tilted to the left. He waved back. I love the sound of those things. (although I realize it is haunting for so many).

- Dave

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
We have just a ANG base, but they fly KC-135's so all kinds of stuff can show up over Lincoln. Also stuff comes in from Offut from time to time, including one of the spare air Force One types. Our runway is not reall busy, so the practice here a lot.

Most likey it will never happen, but we are also an emergency landing strip for the shuttle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts