Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much did it rise?

I know it is 4am here but I am up making the cheesecake for Easter Dinner at 4pm. I couldn't find my springform pan (I think it is on an upper shelf and I didn't want to climb with everyone in bed as Cinnamon barks anytime I get on a ladder). So I decided to use a half steam pan I had. I increased the crust no problem. Then I used 4 packs of cream cheese instead of 3 and increased the sugar to 2 cups, the eggs to 5 and vanilla to 2tsp. The batter tasted great.

My problem is when I poured it into the pan it was within 3/4 inch of the top so I am afraid it will over flow when it bakes and I just cleaned the oven yesterday. I put another pan under it to hopefully catch any over flow but I was just wondering if I am in trouble?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Sorry I hav eno advice. I'm bad with cheesecakes. I just wanted to say hope everything comes/came out alright!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It did fine no over flow it is now in the fridge chilling. Now I am off to make the pineappe cheesecake in the same thread for my nephew.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone feel free to stop by for some. I made both kinds the NY style and the pineapple cheesecake so there is plenty. I am off to slice the strawberries to go on top of the NY style.

I love easy holiday dinners.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I looked for the pineapple cheesecake recipe but couldn't find it. Is it in the recipes section? Sounds delicious!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It didn't get post in the recipe section but it is down towards the bottom of the original cheesecake post.
It was good the only thing I think I would do different next time is double the filling recipe to make it thicker this would mean getting some extra pineapple juice and cream cheese.

http://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,41513.0.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts