Just Labradors banner

Ugh. Stupid people rant!

401 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BigBrownDog 
#1 ·
I work at a cat clinic and I have to to deal with a LOT of ignorant or just plain stupid people.

We got a call on Saturday after 11am... we close at 12pm. They called and said that their one cat isn't doing well, hasn't been eating for days, maybe having an allergic reaction, etc.. so not doing well. We couldn't fit them in so I basically told her that she NEEDS to get the cat to the emergency clinic at MSU. She said she would take her.

Fast forward to today. They made an appointment to bring in the other cat for the annual exam and vaccines. We asked about the other cat and they had let it outside (even with it being so sick..) and they had to catch it to bring it in.

We got a call about 6pm today and they found the cat underneath their neighbors deck.. dead. :(

I just don't understand people sometimes... :mad:

#6 ·
Yep gets worse. I had a guy drop a dog off for boarding and casually remark as he strode out the door, "Oh yeah, I caught him chewing a block of rat poison today, so you probably want to watch him." :eek: He then refused to pay for diagnostic tests or supportive care/treatment for the dog - as he left for his vacation. (The dog lived)

However, there are lots of really good owners out there too - so keep those ones in your mind too and try to balance it out. I met a woman a few weeks ago who quit her job to care for her Cavalier who is dying. She said she had the resources to do it, so she wanted to be sure everything was done so that this dog could have the most comfortable last few months possible. I just saw her again last Thursday - the dog still looks good and happy :)

#8 ·
A friend of mine works at a pretty good sized animal hospital (non-emergency). She has some stories to tell - many I would not re-tell here as they are horrifying. But the ones from when she worked at the e-vet were unbelievable.

She had to leave that job because of the emotional toll it was taking on her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.