Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Two days ago at work I was walking a dog (the ~140lb female English Mastiff) and she kind of twisted me around and the leash around my right hand pulled in a strange way. It hurt for a second, but it didn't really phase me and I kept going.

Yesterday I worked and walked a bunch of dogs and I guess it agitated it and made it worse. I got home from work last night and it started throbbing. I took some ibuprofen and iced it and off all night, but it didn't make a difference. I woke myself up a bunch of times last night since every time I moved my wrist, it shot a pain up my arm. :eek:

Called the doctor first thing this morning and they squeezed me in this afternoon. I have to go to a special medical supply place to get a specific wrist splint. I'll be stuck in this thing for 2 weeks!:rolleyes:

Ick. Oh and the Dr said to up the ibuprofen and ice a few times a day. Hopefully this works!

I never thought a sprained wrist could hurt this bad.. but OUCH!

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
OUCH...hope you get back to normal asap!!

watch out for those big dogs!!;)

My sister is a vet tech and she was helping with a large dog and he jumped up and hit her right under the chin. She has had neck/shoulder pain off and on since.

be careful

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OUCH...hope you get back to normal asap!!

watch out for those big dogs!!;)

My sister is a vet tech and she was helping with a large dog and he jumped up and hit her right under the chin. She has had neck/shoulder pain off and on since.

be careful
Ouch! Yes, this particular dog is quite big and she still acts like a puppy - jumps up and play bites. Gotta watch out for her.. haha. I guess it's a lesson learned!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts