Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pretty sure I have the flu and an eye infection.

We switched insurance through my mom's employer to HealthPlus of Michigan. It's a stupid HMO and I hate it.

I've called 30+ doctors, most of whom aren't accepting new patients, and the ones who are don't have any openings for at least a month. :mad:

So WTH am I supposed to do? Just sit here with my eye swollen shut, coughing up my left lung for a month? :confused:

UFLDKSJFLKDSJF. End rant.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Show up at one of the Docs that are accepting patients. Your sick. Make sure you look sick. Walk in and tell the nurse you need help. They swore to help people, report them if they turn you away.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Go in to a doctor's office as a walk-in. Even if they are booked with appointments, they'll generally fit in a walk-in patient. You may have to wait a while though so take a book or something with you. I've had to do that with my kids before when they were really, really sick.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
What about the Urgent Care on Clippert St by Frandor? They accept lots of insurance plans.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
If you have no walk in clinic, no doc will see you for a month- go to the local ER. They see Pt's. who are not as sick as you everyday! Trust me on this one;) Besides you don't want to mess around with your eye and you could have pneumonia- hope your feeling better real soon- Di

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Urgent care probably isn't more than $100 even without insurance. I'd rather go there than the E-room.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I'd go to an Urgent care too. My insurance will not cover Urgent care either (well, only a couple places up near Lansing, about 1 hour away), but it only cost about $100.00 when my neighbor's bog bit me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Don't they still have the clinic on south campus? That is where i used to take my son when I was going to MSU. He had HAP which wasn't good in E. Lansing.

"The Clinical Center is located on Service Road on the campus of Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan. There is parking available for patients and visitors on either side of the building. There is a drive in front of the building with parking meters. Wheel chairs are available, please see greeter station inside."

http://maps.msu.edu/interactive/index.php?location=clc

http://healthteam.msu.edu/clinics.aspx

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Yeah...if you are a full time student you should go to the student health center. My university's copay is only like $5.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts