Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, went riding this morning with DH and another friend, just a short ride. We were going a way we normally go and friend and I were chatting away, friend on my right, DH a bit behind, and I assumed (stupid me) that we were turning where we usually turn. Friend didn't turn and I did and caught the back of her wheel sending us both off kilter. She wasn't clipped into her pedals (she isn't using those yet) and got her feet down fast, I kind of caught the ground on my right side, but got unclipped and ended up on her back tire a bit. I've got some road rash and will be bruised but we finished the ride. I'm more worried about her bike as it is brand new (first ride on it was today, she just got rid of her mountain bike). I am certain the back wheel will need to be readjusted by the bike shop and I've offered to pay if there is any charge. I feel bad, but this taught me a good lesson -- always pay attention, assume nothing and verbally or with hand signals) communicate every single move you are going to make. I've been riding 3 years and this is the first time something like this has ever happened to me.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
oooh...owieee..crashing your bike sucks.
My front wheel of my crappy mountain bike flew off while I was riding years ago and I landed on my face on a rock. tore my lip open, knocked out and chipped my teeth..

not fun. be careful and ALWAYS wear a helmet. Mine probably saved me from a major head injury.

glad you guys weren't seriously hurt, Amy.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mollyrock said:
oooh...owieee..crashing your bike sucks.
My front wheel of my crappy mountain bike flew off while I was riding years ago and I landed on my face on a rock. tore my lip open, knocked out and chipped my teeth..

not fun. be careful and ALWAYS wear a helmet. Mine probably saved me from a major head injury.

glad you guys weren't seriously hurt, Amy.
Thx. I always wear my helmet and this woman was wearing hers. I just hope that her wheel is okay and not bent or anything. We were able to keep riding, so I'm thinking it's okay, but will probably need to be adjusted. PS--Everyone so far has LOVED the paintings. My Mom hasn't opened her presents yet. I'll email when she does!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
agilitymom said:
Crashing is so scarey. I hope you are better soon. Her wheel may need to be trued. Not a big deal. A wheel can be fixed. So glad you both are ok.
She emailed and said the guy at the bike shop fixed in under 5 seconds and didn't even have to use a tool--just adjusted with his hand. I'm glad it's okay. I am pretty sore today. Had trouble sleeping.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Ouch. I'm really glad you weren't seriously hurt. I have friends who are very serious riders and I'm constantly worrying about them, what with wipeouts, blind curves, yahoos in pickup trucks, deer (yes, deer), etc.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
theoconbrio said:
Ouch. I'm really glad you weren't seriously hurt. I have friends who are very serious riders and I'm constantly worrying about them, what with wipeouts, blind curves, yahoos in pickup trucks, deer (yes, deer), etc.
My Mom told me that she wishes I would just stick to golf!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts