Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered a leak in one of my tires this morning. :( I don't do sitting in one place for hours well.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Me neither!!
2 hours to find and fix a leak? Or are you getting a new tire? Still seems like a long time.....

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That's why I always carry a book in the car, and a notebook to write lists or make notes. I despise sitting and waiting, twiddling my thumbs.

·
Registered
315 Posts
This time of year, our tire shops are backed up cause everyone is having the studs removed. It's illegal to run studs after the first of May.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
That's why I'm so glad we still have a small full service gas station we go to. Stuff like that they jump right on, then when they're done they'll drive it out, put gas in the tank, wash the windshield, check the oil and other fluids and even take a check.:D

Will take them longer, but they'll change the clutch, brakes or other stuff like that. But since that will take hours, they'll run me home.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 hour waiting time BEFORE they even look at it. Thankfully I have the crackberry and a pile of horse magazines I need to go through.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I ALWAYS take Hershey K with me. The two of us go off for a walk. I don't think I could sit that long.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! Smart ass!

Back home after 3 smurfin' hours. It was a nail in the tire. At least it didn't cost me anything except time, which is precious enough.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I wish I could send mechanics a bill for the opportunity cost. "Let's see, I had to wait three hours, that's $X of work that didn't get done, so you pay me and we'll call it even, OK?"

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Jeeze...that takes all of 5 min to fix? You'd think they'd take care of easy fixes first thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts