Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OLLIE: Hey Henery! Let's WRESTLE!!
HENERY: Okay, but prepare to meet my domination!!

OLLIE: Game on!!

HENERY: You're goin' down, lil brudder, you big beasty banshee!!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OLLIE: Oh crap...
ROSCOE: You labs are keeeerazy!!!

HENERY: Had 'nuff, lil brudder??
OLLIE: UNCLE!! UNCLE!!!

And a REALLY funny picture of Hen!! lol!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's such a funny dog... he'll race up and down the fence with Hens and Ollie when they chase each other, barking happily. I wish we had a gate to let him in so that he could play too!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He sure does, and the feeling is quite mutual. Ollie just adores Henry... when he comes out of his crate, he goes looking for Henery, every time.

Another thing I love about them (there are many!) is that if Hen is getting stressed out about something (strange dog approaching when we're on walks for eg.), Ollie will immediately alert to it, and put himself physically between Henery and whatever is stressing him out. Gawd I love my boyz!!! :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
He sure does, and the feeling is quite mutual. Ollie just adores Henry... when he comes out of his crate, he goes looking for Henery, every time.

Another thing I love about them (there are many!) is that if Hen is getting stressed out about something (strange dog approaching when we're on walks for eg.), Ollie will immediately alert to it, and put himself physically between Henery and whatever is stressing him out. Gawd I love my boyz!!! :D
That is just too sweet, Felicia!

·
Registered
717 Posts
What a face in the first pic, Henry! They look like really enjoy each other.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Hi Felicia!!

It sounds like Ollie is becoming sort of the leader, doesn't it?

A sort of similar thing has occurred with Angus and Simon. Remember how Angus used to get all stressed out about other dogs on leash, right? Well, right about the same time that Angus seemed to get over this, Simon started to become the one to get all defensive. Now that I think back on it, it was like Simon assumed the "alpha" role, so Angus relaxed because he didn't have to do that anymore. KWIM? At the time it didn't occur to me that it was a role switch that was happening.

You're lucky that Ollie just positions himself and doesn't feel the need to get all up in the other dog's bidness. :) We have done a LOT of work with Simon, counter-conditioning, for about a year now, and finally, I have two dogs that can walk on leashes past other dogs.

Off-leash dog approaching...that would still be a little bit scary.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Felicia,
You may have to invest in a wrestling ring for those two. Brock Lesnar is the only UFC fighter I know, but I think H and O could give him a run for his cash! :)
Love those goobs, yes I do!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Felicia!!

It sounds like Ollie is becoming sort of the leader, doesn't it?

A sort of similar thing has occurred with Angus and Simon. Remember how Angus used to get all stressed out about other dogs on leash, right? Well, right about the same time that Angus seemed to get over this, Simon started to become the one to get all defensive. Now that I think back on it, it was like Simon assumed the "alpha" role, so Angus relaxed because he didn't have to do that anymore. KWIM? At the time it didn't occur to me that it was a role switch that was happening.

You're lucky that Ollie just positions himself and doesn't feel the need to get all up in the other dog's bidness. :) We have done a LOT of work with Simon, counter-conditioning, for about a year now, and finally, I have two dogs that can walk on leashes past other dogs.

Off-leash dog approaching...that would still be a little bit scary.
I think you're right, Connie! :) Ollie just positions himself between Hen and the stressor, and he keeps looking back at Hen to see if he's okay. I'm pretty sure if the other dog got close enough, Ollie would just want to play with him/her. lol!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts