Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started yesterday. We've watched Blue Ray DVDs on our new TV, so I didn't expect to be too blown away by the HDTV.

Holy Crap! Did they make the regular channels worse yesterday for sales purposes? We flipped from regular NFL Network to HD NFL Network and it was ridiculous. On the regular one, I said "I don't remember it looking like this yesterday!"

I told Jason he could call them last night and tell them we're keeping it. =)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I watched about 10 minutes of Pixar's "The Incredibles" on DIS-HD over the wknd. I've seen "The Incredibles" a bunch of times, including in the theater.

My jaw dropped. It was the sequence were Dash runs away from the bad guys on the island, discovering accidentally that he can do things like run ON water.

It was like seeing it for the first time......

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
My son in law can tune an LCD or plasma so everything is perfect. I was blown away after he tweaked our set.

If I have a choice, everything I watch is in HD.

Another veiwing addiction is surround sound. My wife and I love our music and always have bought better than average sound equipment and that migrated to home theater. When we started adding center chanels and surround speakers we stayed with the higher priced Polk audio speakers ,Harmon Kardon receiver and a nasty little 10 inch sub woofer. Incredible experience.

Our older Yamaha receiver and Polks are now upstairs in the office where I still listen to music in the comfort of one of my favorite chairs. If anyone remembers the Maxell tape poster I am that guy when I want to escape.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
My son in law can tune an LCD or plasma so everything is perfect. I was blown away after he tweaked our set.

If I have a choice, everything I watch is in HD.

Another veiwing addiction is surround sound. My wife and I love our music and always have bought better than average sound equipment and that migrated to home theater. When we started adding center chanels and surround speakers we stayed with the higher priced Polk audio speakers ,Harmon Kardon receiver and a nasty little 10 inch sub woofer. Incredible experience.

Our older Yamaha receiver and Polks are now upstairs in the office where I still listen to music in the comfort of one of my favorite chairs. If anyone remembers the Maxell tape poster I am that guy when I want to escape.
I remember that poster! ;)

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I get free HD. Unfortunately I don't have an HD TV. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts