Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did mine real quick at work and tossed it in the mail. I don't want any federale's knocking on my door! :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Melissa!
I just heard on the radio that they will send you another one (they KNOW who you are! :spy:) and if you don't reply by the 15th then they will come knocking on your door.
Seriously.....

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Yes, mine's in. I also heard there was a scam going on with people taking the real one out of your mailbox and putting in a fake one to get your personal information. That's great, they tell us after we've already mailed them. How do I know I got the real one?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'll have to look it up and see if there's a way to request another one sooner.
I would like to see them knock on my door! If you only saw my street right now, no one wants to travel up it unless they half to.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I sent ours the day after I got it.

I honestly don't remember getting one in 2000. I know I must have...

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I didn't know they sent you another one. I just thought if you didn't send it in, they sent a census worker to your house.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Yes, mine's in. I also heard there was a scam going on with people taking the real one out of your mailbox and putting in a fake one to get your personal information.
The census form I filled out (2 weeks ago) didn't really ask for any personal information. I think it date of birth might have been the only person info other than your name & I am not even sure they asked for your name.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
We did ours. I loved the first two questions.
1. How many people were living or staying in this house on April 1, 2010?

2. Were any additional people staying here that you did not include in question one?

I guess they had to check to see if you answered Question 1 correctly.

I really felt like responding in Spanish then checking non-Hispanic as my "origin" but I'm sure that would have created a visit to see how I could respond in Spanish and not be Hispanic. Maybe that would have been fun trying to explain that to the census taker. For more fun I would address the person in French when I answered the door as that is my actual origin, mega generations ago.:biggrin1:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Right, but like above, if you tossed the form, I didn't know they sent a second-chance form.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I thought I had my copy of my census in my bag but I guess I took it out already.
There are 10 questions and, if memory serves, your name is NOT one of them
It does, however, ask for you telephone number! I thought that was odd.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I thought I had my copy of my census in my bag but I guess I took it out already.
There are 10 questions and, if memory serves, your name is NOT one of them
It does, however, ask for you telephone number! I thought that was odd.
It asks for the name, age, ethnicity and race of each person in the household.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts