Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The much-hyped upcoming all-star season of Survivor is set to pit heroes against villains, but looking over the list of former players announced today, it's sort of hard to figure out who falls into which category. The majority of these castaways seem like "heroes," while some of the people that Survivor is calling heroes, like the wonderfully manipulative Sugar, belong more in the villains camp. Anyway, the only good thing about this all-star season might be that it saves me from having to learn new names, except for Candice and Danielle's, whom I had blocked from my memory somehow.

My biggest problem with this cast is that some of the show's most notorious players are absent. Sure we've got Boston Rob, but where's his equally wickedly scheming wife Amber? Maybe she wanted to stay home with their new baby, but still: when I think villains, I think of the two of them together. And how can you do a show about villains and not have either Jonny Fairplay or Richard Hatch? That doesn't make any sense. I know Richard was in a heap of legal trouble and probably still in jail when this filmed, but the show's original baddie really should have been included somehow. Like as a pre-taped advisor to the contestants or something. And how can you not have the guy who lied about his grandmother dying? I know he's an ass and would have been ousted early, but he should have at least been on the short list.

Instead, here's who we've got to look forward to:

On the Heroes side, there's
  • Colby Donaldson (so Jeff Probst can continue his happy bromance)
  • Rupert Boneham
  • J.T. Thomas Jr. (he of the broken tooth and adorable dimples)
  • James "the moron who didn't use the immunity idol" Clement
  • Tom "The Fireman" Westman
  • Cirie "I'm afraid of leaves" Fields
  • Stephenie "I've had more chances at this show than anyone rightly should" LaGrossa
  • Jessica "Sugar" Kipper
  • Amanda Kimmel
  • Candice Woodcock
On the Villains side, there's
  • Jerri "please don't ever let her sing again" Manthey
  • Tyson "More dopey than evil" Apostol
  • Randy "my only friend is my dog" Bailey
  • Danielle DiLorenzo
  • Li'l Russell Hantz
  • Boston Rob Mariano
  • Parvati Shallow
  • Sandra "I somehow won this show" Diaz-Twine
  • Benjamin "Coach/Douche" Wade
  • Courtney Yates.
It's an odd mix, to be sure, with far too many people who have had multiple shots at this game already. I was hoping for a fresher mix of people, or for them to have somehow found a way to woo back Elisabeth Filarski-Hasselbeck (and her stupid little ponytails). As for nice folks, I would have liked Yau-Man or Ozzy or Yul or the Bob and his arts and crafts projects. I'm just not sure what some of the selected folks have to offer to the game for the third or fourth time. Then again, I still watch Real World/Road Rules Challenge and some of those folks have made a career out of repeat visits.

At least it'll be interesting to see how Samoa's sore runner-up, Li'l Russell, fares against the veteran players since, presumably, his season aired while (or after) Heroes vs. Villains was shot, so his new competition hadn't seen him in action beforehand. But the real question is: will we see him cry again? We can only hope.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I don't know if I can can stomach another season of Coach. My hatred of him bordered on the irrational.

I'm not a fan of these all-star editions. This sounds stupid but there's kind of a revolving relationship with players as the game progresses that is lost when you already know everybody. (And yes, it does concern me that I've put this much thought into this.)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
As for nice folks, I would have liked Yau-Man or Ozzy or Yul or the Bob and his arts and crafts projects.
I am bummed that none of these people are on. I love Ozzy though, maybe he didn't want to do it a 3rd time. Maybe he knew Amanda was and they are broken up. I didn't know if they are.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm REALLY over Stephanie.

And won't Coach and Li'l Russ sorta cancel each other out?? The Alliance of Warrior Dumbasses?

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
James "the moron who didn't use the immunity idol" Clement

Now I didn't even realize right away who that was. Had Dweck described him as James "Built like a freakin Greek God" Clement, I'd have gotten it right away.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
James "the moron who didn't use the immunity idol" Clement

Now I didn't even realize right away who that was. Had Dweck described him as James "Built like a freakin Greek God" Clement, I'd have gotten it right away.
None of the original descriptions are my words. OP is from TWoP: Television without Pity.....

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
as a big survivor fan, you would think I know all these people but some of them I don't have a clue...gotta see a face. Not sure if I can stand watching dragon slayer again.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same here. I totally blanked on Courtney.

Here she is. Skin -n- bones...

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I don't know if I can watch . . . Randy and Coach Douchebag on the same show? YUCK! I am not a fan of the all star shows, but since James is there . . . I will watch (especially when he is shirtless).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.