Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crossposted from an email from my neighbor Becky:

Calling all LAB LOVERS….

You all have such a great network that I wanted to solicit your help with some very deserving dogs (aren’t they all).

1) Below are pictures of two 10 year old labs that were turned in by their owners to the Cobb County Shelter. Their reason for dumping them is that they barked!!! They didn’t seem to mind for the past 10 years but here they are…Normally, these dogs would be first in line to be put down, but the shelter employees LOVE them and will try to keep them until someone takes them. They are very healthy and full of life and would do well with someone who has land, as they like to romp and play and supposedly can be a little mischievous. As someone who has fostered many owner turn-ins, I’ve learned not to believe anything they say-good or bad, as they are usually just trying to justify their actions. If you or anyone you know could give these guys a home please contact Cobb County Animal Control or let me know.

2) I have recently gone back to volunteering for Golden Retriever Rescue of Atlanta. This is where I got my own dog and where I was active for several years. During that time, they were the largest LAB (yes, lab) rescue in the SOUTHEAST. Over the past couple of years they backed off of taking labs. They have agreed to start bringing in more of them if we can recruit lab fosters. Last month they agreed to bring in a pregnant black lab from a shelter and hours later she had 11 puppies (see attachment) and to our surprise it looks like the dad was a lab too!!!! These guys will be ready for adoption mid April. They also have another litter of adorable puppies that are ready to adopt now. Then there is a beautiful 3 legged small yellow female lab and a gorgeous 3 legged chocolate male lab. All of these are on the website. GRRA is one of the oldest and most successful rescues in Atlanta . They average over 100 active applicants and their adoptions bring in 30-40 people each time. They just need manpower and donations. If you can help or if you’re interested in adopting email me or go to www.grra.com They have an adoption this Sunday at Pet Supplies Plus on Piedmont in Buckhead.

Hopefully with a group effort we can get these dogs in some good homes and bring in more

Thanks!

Becky 404-307-8284
[email protected]com

·
Registered
127 Posts
This breaks my heart. How someone can dump an old dog is absolutely beyond me. And old Lab is nothing but a treasure. I'm thinking only good things for these Labbies...hope a wonderful owner will find them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts