Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you read the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris? I love it! Definitely adult, not for teens, irreverently funny at times, very addictive. I read the first seven books in five days. :eek: Now I have to go find numbers 8 and 9, then #10 won't be out until October. :(

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Loved it too - you really should go watch True Blood now - it's based somewhat loosely on book one - with a few different story lines here or there, but an amazing show.

Thundersmom - her books were out before Twilight was even a dream in Stephanie Meyer's head. Some say Twilight ripped off Sookie, but really, if you think about it, there's such a small pool of background/lore to pull from, I don't think that's the case at all.

But goooooood goood reads nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I love True Blood. I like the books, don't love them. I'm on book number two. It wasn't as fast of a read as Twilight was for me. I do like it though! It's definitely an adult series both tv and book!!! OMG the show, I have to watch after the kids go to bed.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We don't have HBO, so I can't watch the series unless I buy the DVD set. :( I'd love to see it, I bet it's great!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Jackie, do you subscribe to Netflix? They have Season 1 available. :) It's a great series.

Having said that, I see new reading material in my future. :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I've come close to buying them a few times, but i have so many books on my shelf that i haven't read yet.. next week.. next week is reading week!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I watched Season 1 in a weekend. It was great! I should get the books.

You know, my dad put an outlet on the side of the deck in case i wanted to put a fan out there or something.. but coffee maker would work.. hmm..
I vote for a blender. Margaritas on kelli's deck everyone!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
We don't have HBO, so I can't watch the series unless I buy the DVD set. :( I'd love to see it, I bet it's great!
You can watch True Blood on the net. I asked my hubby for the whole Sookie Stackhouse series of books for my birthday in August. If he doesn't get it, I will! I'm glad to hear they're good.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can watch True Blood on the net. I asked my hubby for the whole Sookie Stackhouse series of books for my birthday in August. If he doesn't get it, I will! I'm glad to hear they're good.
I got 1 thru 7 in a set for about the cost of 2 books. WalMart has #8 for $4.00 and #9 in hard cover for I think $12.99.

I'll have to check Netflix, thanks Anne!! :D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I got 1 thru 7 in a set for about the cost of 2 books. WalMart has #8 for $4.00 and #9 in hard cover for I think $12.99.

I'll have to check Netflix, thanks Anne!! :D
Just remember depending on your Netflix account you will only get one disc at a time and not the whole set. I was running my disc back to the post office.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just remember depending on your Netflix account you will only get one disc at a time and not the whole set. I was running my disc back to the post office.
I get 3 at a time, so I will send all three back that I have now at the same time and get 3 discs at once. Then I will send them back as I watch them until I have seen them all. ;)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i read all the sookie books and i love them. i gave them to a friend of mine and she's reading the series too. my husband and i watch the show every sunday on HBO. last year was good but this year, the first episode had a lot going on so i couldn't keep everything straight but the second one was better.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I watched Season 1 in a weekend. It was great! I should get the books.

I vote for a blender. Margaritas on kelli's deck everyone!

I did the exact same thing. Watched season one all at once, now I wish that I could do that with season two. I hate waiting a whole week to see what will happen. I just started the books. Almost done with one. Love them both.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts