Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Stewart's "The Daily Show" tonight has a couple interviews with pastors, one of whom asserts Barack is the anti-Christ and another who says he's the next Hitler.

Just wanting to point out pieces you'd appreciate and in your comfort zone.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dipete said
"In your comfort zone" talk about condescending!
Finagle to turn a comment into an insult however you want -- sorry, I should've included you in the names.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Bob

I usually have great respect for what you have to say but I find this extremely offensive and beneath you. I don't like Obama never have but to imply I would be interested in whackos who preach hate puts you at their level.

The reason I don't like Obama is I find him way to liberal. That is what American politics is all about. Having the right to disagree and being able to say it without people attacking you.

Not everyone has to agree with your point of view. When a country developes the mind set that you agree or else then we do become Nazi Germany.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
You're an idiot. Maybe it's past your bedtime.

Honestly, you should delete this thread. Even other Obama fans aren't going to appreciate the attitude behind it.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Have to agree with the other posters - this one had no reason to exist other than to pick at and annoy someone - it was beneath you.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
don't think it's meant as a slam or anything negative...think he's saying a KNOWN humorist (if you can call Jon Stuart that) is having snotty views by ministers on tonight - all anti O...and those mentioned might enjoy it.

One thing I've NEVER gotten from Bob PR is nasty - in any of his posts! Opinionated, yes, nasty, no!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
don't think it's meant as a slam or anything negative...think he's saying a KNOWN humorist (if you can call Jon Stuart that) is having snotty views by ministers on tonight - all anti O...and those mentioned might enjoy it.

One thing I've NEVER gotten from Bob PR is nasty - in any of his posts! Opinionated, yes, nasty, no!
Precisely. and Bob is definately not an idiot either.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Precisely. and Bob is definately not an idiot either.
No John Daily was holding those who distrust BO up to ridicule by airing extremist views and attributing them to mainstream Christians. Did you watch any of this show? I didn't watch the whole thing, but did watch some clips.
While I don't think Bob is an idiot, I do think he was trying to jab at those of us on the board who are not BO supporters. So I view this as a slam and meant at the very least to irritate and annoy.

BTW I don't hate BO, just don't like his liberal politics, and doubt that he was the best choice for our country. Now that he is president, I hope he does well--for our country's sake. Do those of you who voted for BO hate McCain? Hate is a pretty strong word.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
John Stewart's "The Daily Show" tonight has a couple interviews with pastors, one of whom asserts Barack is the anti-Christ and another who says he's the next Hitler.

Just wanting to point out pieces you'd appreciate and in your comfort zone.

Best line of the year.:)

·
Registered
5,727 Posts

By saying folks would enjoy hearing hate speak?

I wouldn't say nasty........I would say embarrassing.

Tolerance seems to be a one way street sometimes. :)

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
By saying folks would enjoy hearing hate speak?

I wouldn't say nasty........I would say embarrassing.

Tolerance seems to be a one way street sometimes. :)
I think it is funny how quick things change once the shoe is on the other foot. Several of you have posted much more mean spirited, hateful, bigoted, racist things over the past few years about Obama, the Clintons....

But now all of a sudden you are offended, embarrassed and saddened that someone would post similar comments.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I think it is funny how quick things change once the shoe is on the other foot. Several of you have posted much more mean spirited, hateful, bigoted, racist things over the past few years about Obama, the Clintons....

But now all of a sudden you are offended, embarrassed and saddened that someone would post similar comments.
Bob's post was a snide comment about people who share that opinion; not about "O" himself. So a bit different here, friend.

I agree with Nick though...I was looking for an Oprah thread. ;)

·
Registered
5,727 Posts

I don't know who posted what before........and if so what does that have to do with this?

Do you think it is right to accuse people of liking hate speak? Do you think it's acceptable to say folks find that in their comfort zone?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I have no idea what to think of this thread. I do think it would have been better left unsaid though.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I would love to see one post I've made -- ONE -- that casts me as an Obama hater.

Oprah, yes.

But Obama HATER?!?!?!? Sheesh.

C'mon Mr GoogleBob. Evidence please. Illustrate the ignorant. Where have I ONCE posted something that could even be remotely considered indicative of a viewpoint that I HATE President Obama.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts