Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dearest JL Family:

After my visit to the hospital this morning and after agonizing reflection, I have decided to have Tud removed from all life support tomorrow. I spoke with his son last night and his two sisters today, all in the UK. The family has agreed with my decision, they have given me their blessing on it. I needed that blessing. They urged me to release Tudor from his misery sooner than later. I had intended to wait until Sunday, a week from tomorrow, but after today's visit and as the hours tick by I know it would just prolong the inevitable. Tudor would be livid if he knew that even now he was only alive at the assistance of machinery.

It has been his and my lifelong pact that I would never leave him in this situation, and so, I must honor that pact.

Right now I am waiting on a call from the hospital to advise me on how to proceed. I don't know when to expect that call (sometime today).

Unless there is a miracle, I'll be losing my cook of more than 22 years, but I think I'll be able to get my head around frozen dinners for awhile. Don't be shocked at this comment... it's a running joke between Tud and me.

There is no guarantee the doctors will let this happen... they seem to "own" Tudor at this point.

With deep love for all of you, I am
Paddysmom and Tudor's Nanu

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Nance, I am shedding tears for both of you............ may God ease your pain and hold you close. Sending my love and prayers.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I salute your keeping a very hard, very hard pact. Your love and compassion for the "cook" of 22 years is most remarkable and so very unselfish. I send my love and regards to someone I have the most respect for. Love, Karen

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it appears that the doctors are going to fight me on this.
I have to meet with them on Monday! This is insane. It seems I don't really have any rights here until two physicians agree on proceeding as I request.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Oh Nance...my heart is breaking for you right now. I don't know what to say, but I offer my love and support right now. (((HUGE HUGS))) :(

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I'm so sorry Nance, but be reassured that you are honouring both Tudor's and his family's wishes.

You have my love and good thoughts that the following days, weeks, months and years find you at peace.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Ahhh Nance. I am so sorry you are going through this.

By your side old friend, by your side.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Stay strong, Nance. By your side.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Words escape me.

Do you have a support system with you in person? Someone to go to the meeting with you??

By your side, Nance.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have been thinking and praying for you and Tud quite often and will continue to do so. I'm so sorry Nance. Sending you all my love.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The formalities are unbearable - at a time when such loss is overwhelming, I'm so very sorry you're going through this. I hope Tud had you listed as someone to give all information to. I went through this with both mom and dad within this past year. Dad did, mom didn't and the didn't was hell and still is. Prayers and love

·
Registered
192 Posts
Awww Nance I have no words. You have to do what is right in your heart!!
I just can't believe this is happening. I hope you have friends near you so
you don't have to do this alone!!! ((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Nance, I've missed a lot of what goes on lately, but I am truly sorry to read about Tud.
Truly sorry.

Big cyber hugs to you, and many, many prayers and thoughts for you for the coming days.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts