·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yes, how is our boy doing today? :)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Hi Everyone!!

I just got a chance to log in and was so touched by this post asking for updates. ((HUGS))

Tucker is recovering marvelously - he is still quite tired so he will have a few minutes of playing with us or a toy and then *BOOM* he is out for the count - Steve says that he is now narcoleptic, lol. He is just getting over all the drugs they pumped him full of as well as the sleepless nights he had due to his bandage. The bandage is now off so he is more settled.

Tucker's balance is also off, he was outside with Steve and was trying to balance a stick on his back (*shakes head at the fact that we were told on Sunday night he was a goner but now he has a 4ft stick in his mouth that he is balancing on his back*) and he tipped over, in the house he was playing with his new stuffed duck (courtesy of mom spoiling the boy) and tipped over again. We are not worried, after tipping he would just look at us like *what just happened there?* and thump thump his tail and plug on. This will all be resolved over time I am sure and if he turns out to be imbalanced forever ... well, join the freaking club :)

We were all able to get some sleep last night, Steve would still sit up if he heard something out of the ordinary coming from Tuck's bed and it did take me a bit of listening to his sleepy grunts to get used to them before I fell asleep but definitely a few hours of zzzzz's were had. We will be paranoid for a little while I am sure.

Tucker's temperment has seen no ill effects from the massive seizure - I am soooooo grateful for this. Getting him back to us was obviously first priority but I was worried that he would be 'rewired' based on what he'd been through. Nope. If you are not in the mood for a bath come to our house where you will be licked without cessation. We will be on guard the first time he is around little people again (he LOVES our friends kids) but he certainly hasn't given us reason in the past few days to keep him away.

I am trying to curb my emotional basketcase-edness but the emotions we went through on Sunday night/Monday morning are still so raw. In telling the story to my co-workers this morning I was still choked up and visibly upset. Sounds crazy given that the boy is currently snoozing atop our bed with the fan on him, happy as anything. This too will pass.

I am in the office today, which is hard. I have my best friend, who works in the afternoon, going over to check on Tucker and let him out to the bathroom. I am certain he will be fine.

Finges crossed it was a one-off and that whatever the toxin was, it is gone.

I can't thank you all enough for your support, thoughts, prayers and messages. It is so amazing - pages of well wishing on here, our friends and family calling every day, acquaintances I haven't seen in forever were getting in touch to offer support ... so humbling. This is truly one loved dog.

I will stop rambling now - I bet you are missing my more simple posts of 'Tucker in a Santa Suit' ' Tucker at the Park' - LOL. I truly hope that is all I post from now on!!

You are the best - thanks again/ Pauline, Steve and Tucker

B

·
0 Posts
thank you for the update--i am so relieved that he is doing better. i know how you feel and am so thankful that the tuck man is on the road to recovery. i can tell he is truly loved and cherished.

give him a big smooch and hug from boone and me. take care.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
So glad to hear the update! I'm hoping it was just the rotten roast beef you found out back.

Continued good thoughts for you all. :angel:

·
Registered
574 Posts
So glad the news is good and that he still the sweet boy he was. Keep the updates coming. We are all rooting for you and Tucker.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
What wonderful news. I was secretly very worried about aftereffects, so I'm breathing a big sigh of relief here! Your message put a huge smile on my face. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts